The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Benjie

Best Integrated Amp Under $2000

On 1/9/2019 at 4:56 PM, Ossidian said:

‘Thanks for sharing those links! I’ve been looking for a reasonably priced 300b amp and I’ve had good dealings with Grant Fidelity in the past. I like that you have the option of using it as an integrated or just as an amp with your own preamp. As far as I can tell it doesn’t come with remote volume control.

7 hours ago, Guy Landau said:

The H90 is a great amplifier. The streaming and DAC are first rate.

Just got a H190 myself.

I'm a tube guy but the Hegel stuff get you very close to tubes with a very liquid sound and excellent dynamics.

I’m glad to hear from another Hegel user. They’re very rare right now here in the US. I’ve never heard tubes, but am hoping to soon. The H90 makes my Cornwall’s sing. Sweet spot seems to be between 55-65 volume. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, digital_throwback said:

If you will be listening to any high res. digital (as suggested by your mention of an integrated DAC), the Cambridge Audio CXA80 is an excellent choice. That is what I have driving my Forte IIs on my 2-channel setup. The difference in the CXA80 vs. the CXA60 (other than power) is in the digital connectivity and capability to accept high res digital files directly. I have a Mac connected with asynchronous USB (which you can't do with the CXA60).

The sound is as good as I've ever heard from a pair of Fortes, and for about half of your suggested budget. I chose this integrated amp over two tube amps, including a great deal on a demo PrimaLuna.

Of course, it has that great Cambridge DAC.

When you say you chose it over two tube amps, what was the choice based on? Did you listen to all three at your place, with your speakers, level matched, in a blind test?