RP-280F Bi-wire?

busht4169

Hi all,

I have a pair of RP 280F in a 7.2 channel setup.  Is there any NOTICEABLE benefit to bi-wiring them?  If not, currently they are just wired in single configuration with the posts connected using the factory connection.  Please let me know if there is a good benefit and I can get it done.  If not, no biggie.

Thank you and happy new year!

I've seen evidence that bi-wiring works.   Bi-amping also.  The argument is to the degree that it works.

For a low resolution system there really is no point to it.  For a high resolving speakers the differences are there, but they are subtle at best.  A little more clarity in the mid range, a little more bass perhaps.  It varies from speaker to speaker.

In a system where I am trying to squeeze every bit of performance out of it, I believe a lot of little changes add up to a big change.  For the most part bi-amp and bi-wire simply don't make a noticeable difference in everyday listening.  If you want to go all out and leave no performance on the table, I'd say go ahead and do it.

If nothing else, it's fun to find out for yourself, with your ears, on your stuff, in your living room.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well if it makes you feel better it does not hurt.:smile: But with just another set of wires how does this help ? It increases the amount of wire between the speaker and amp is about all it really does, if you are using really tiny wire it might help. But as far as electricity goes #14 is really overkill for the amount of volts used normally, I always thought it was silly when people use #10 gauge wire, look inside the speaker at the crossover and wire going to each driver, it's not large wire by any stretch.

1000wpc is 50V or less 

Bi-wire and bi-amp are completely different. 

• Like 1