Corinthian Bells wind chimes

alexg5775

Anyone know anything about wind chimes? I am between a 53" and 55" Corinthian wind chime. Also open to other wind chimes... Any suggestions? I live in Miami and these are going in my back yard. Miami is not the most windy city but i guess its ok? Thank you!

• Moderators

Sorry but no, have a couple but the only thing I know is the better ones are tuned. You can hear a difference but I wouldn't know a good brand from a bad one except for price and that's not a good way to really tell.

I searched for those and man the bigger ones sound exquisite, some of the small ones too. The way those better ones are tuned for specific keys or composers, you can tell the quality without glancing at the price!

Not Corinthian brand but would be nice with the seabreeze if you've got the hacienda to accommodate it.

https://whimsicalwinds.com/Item/Woodstock_Percussion_Windsinger_Chimes_Of_King_David_Silver_88_Inch

On 1/1/2019 at 9:35 AM, alexg5775 said:

Anyone know anything about wind chimes? I am between a 53" and 55" Corinthian wind chime. Also open to other wind chimes... Any suggestions? I live in Miami and these are going in my back yard. Miami is not the most windy city but i guess its ok? Thank you!

Have you ever had large wind chimes?  We have some that are between 3 and 4 ft long with tubes about 2 1/2 to 3" across (I'm guessing at the dimensions but they're big).  We normally leave the clapper off because they're so loud.  They have a great deep mellow tone but can be overbearing with the slightest breeze.  Be careful where you locate them.

I bought the wife a set of chimes. 3 - 3.5ft long, 3/4in dia tubes.

we been discussing where to put them.   They have a nice church bell tone, but....They may stay indoors and chime only when we choose. lol  These are loud enough to make nuisance... Or put some lead on the clapper flapper.

• 4 weeks later...

We have three different sets. The largest tubes are about 40 inches long. One set uses copper pipes and has a very different sound from the aluminum ones.They were demounted before the hurricane and will go back up after everything is put to rights

Dtel,

If you want to hear and see some very good chimes first hand, drive over to NoLa and visit American Aquatic, Elysian Fields at Royal. They always have several great chimes on hand, not to mention fountains, garden decor and plants. Tell'em Scott sent you.