KI-362...INFORMATION WANTED

Jvitti1970

i have seen the spec sheet. spoke to Cory briefly about them. says they are good but not as good as the 396.

i was hoping someone in year owned them and could give me a bit more info on sound characteristics.

i have the opportunity to get a pair for $500

• Like 1

Had a pair ... very direct, detailed and dynamic sound ... (OK; I'm a fan of Klipsch's Pro speakers)  ... little thin on the bass side, but no problem if you use a subwoofer ... even without a sub I thought they were much better than Forte's. 1" exit horn is not in the same ballpark as 2" drivers like the K-510's or 904's, but pretty decent  :D  Not as good as the 396 or 904's which have (I believe) the same 15" woofer(s) ... bigger cabinets just seem do do the trick. Sold them cheap to a fellow member since my wife would only "allow" another walnut box and I did not feel like making one :( 

Paid about $300 for mine ... but they were a bit "rough," so really no clue if $500 is reasonable.  Haha; offer him $400 and get them :D 

Cheers, Emile

1 hour ago, Jvitti1970 said:

i have seen the spec sheet. spoke to Cory briefly about them. says they are good but not as good as the 396.

i was hoping someone in year owned them and could give me a bit more info on sound characteristics.

i have the opportunity to get a pair for $500

$500 is a steal for a pair of 362 Joe. You can still find plenty of the older KP-301 series going for more than that. If you pass, let me know where they are...

Tim

I really like my 362. Think of them as a trade in that they are similar to Industrial Chorus II in that they don't have the finished cabinets but do have industrial grade components. Maybe I don't require the amount of bass as others. I am very happy with the dishes vibrating in the kitchen and chit jumping off of the walls amount of bass.  

• Like 3

The 362's are basically the newest version of the pro-Chorus II, I would think $500 would be a great deal for a nice set but it never hurts to throw out a lower offer. I have some custom built Pro-Corn-Scala's that use the same cabinet and woofer and I love them-- bass to me is very similar to the Chorus 1 maybe a tad tighter / snappier but close and plenty of it, don't feel the need for a sub for music at all. 

3 hours ago, Jvitti1970 said:

@jjptkd would you say they are a better sounding speaker than the no pro chorus ii?

I've never actually heard the KI-362's or the KP-301 II's, I just have the 362 cabinet and woofer myself the rest of the speaker is more like a Corn-Scala, here's a link to the build if interested:

If you look at the history of those speakers the driver and horn combo's kind of followed the home line, the KP-301 II, the original KP-362 and I believe the first offering of the KI-362 all used the k-61 horn with the pro-2" Titanium mid driver, the latest version of the KI-362, the "II" uses the same mid horn with mumps as the new forte III but with the same 1.5" titanium mid driver as the Cornwall III, which I believe is probably the closest thing we'll ever see to a Chorus III.  

I'm sure the KI 362 II would be an excellent choice.   I am sure I could have saved quite a bit of money and been almost as happy with a pair of those over the 396 IIs. Should have taken a better look at those.   @jjptkd is correct from my understanding of the model.   For the price a pair can be had for from Cory, anyone in the market might want to give these a serious look if you have the sub(s) to keep up. 

8 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Mix and match of horns and drivers from Forte III and Cornwall III with a woofer that I like more than either of those two speakers..... Def seems to be a solid contender in my book. Not regretting my 396 purchase whatsoever but.... It makes one wonder..... Nah.... 😏

The larger horn and driver make a pretty big difference, even between the k-61 and the CF-4 horn I used in my custom build it was quite noticeable, I'm sure the 396's with the 2" exit driver must sound huge, close to a La Scala. 

Don't know, but suspect the difference is largely do do with updated mid and high horns/drivers (/crossovers?).

You've got a link to one spec sheet already, the other will be at the current product page.

I wouldn't sweat the difference if $500 is all they want...

11 minutes ago, glens said:

Don't know, but suspect the difference is largely do do with updated mid and high horns/drivers (/crossovers?).

You've got a link to one spec sheet already, the other will be at the current product page.

I wouldn't sweat the difference if $500 is all they want...

Agreed.   The 362 II will cost you SIGNIFICANTLY more and certainly the value will go out the window st that point if that is what you are going for.   However, that money will get you better horn with mumps, newer and better drivers and an updated crossover.  Not sure of differences in quality of the cabinet, but it will come at quite a price difference. V I say pick up the older pair and give them a go. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, especially once you remind yourself what you paid.