Three Way MCM 1900 for sale soon

Dave A

This has the K-77 tweeter setup and not the piezo's. It has a Klipsch OEM crossover which has been recapped. This is in great shape except for the theater and shop dust which goes free with the stacks. I want to make space for my upcoming Super MWM build and will no longer need these.  If you have the space these are beyond superb and once you hear a set of these you too will be ruined for life. PM me regarding these.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I can't wait to hear the Super MCM. Rather than go on about what I think, I will say, again, what the seller told me: ~ The MCM make the LaScala sound like bookshelf speakers. I agree. It's only when I am in a self-destructive mood do I use more than 1 watt. 

GLWS

The only thing that will beat this is another one with the newer horns on it as far as I am concerned. Unless you are building an SMWM and then sticking a horn on that.

You have to admit those La Scalas make nice book shelf speakers though.

51 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== May I ask —

- the pic is one of two ?

- they require electronic (active) covers ?

Thanks

The picture is one of two. They have OEM Klipsch passive crossovers if that is what you are asking. One 2 channel amp runs it all.

• Like 1

I had 4 of the originals flown in my loft/warehouse. Changed out the bass drivers with Cetec-Gauss. Blew the Klipsh first time out. Used Crown power.

My new theater is designed to use 3 side by side. I hope the latest ones sound as good.

That's a grab and run.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

Your missing the cone midrange section to complete the stack.

Klipsch sold these in two basic versions. This is one and complete and the other added an additional mid range horn for extreme output. So basically the stacks came in three and four piece configurations. The other notable variation is the tweeter assembly could have either a stack of five piezo drivers, not good, or a four way manifold with K-77-M drivers which was the best one.

MCM1900good (1).pdf

6 hours ago, teaman said:

Wow Dave, $2500 seems like a steal. I hope someone in here grabs them.

For the price you pay and the sound you get nothing beats vintage pro IF you can find them. I recently picked up four complete sets of KPT-456's and two were gone before I got back home with them and the others will probably sell without being listed at all to standing orders for those.  Going to EBay in a couple of weeks after I finish the S MWM set and it will be more there.

If you have never heard a set of these and get a chance to don't turn it down. I stop to listen to these every day unless I am out of pocket.

One thing I do ask with these to anyone interested is that you preserve the set. I can't make you do it but I am asking you to because these are getting quite scarce and are the pinnacle of what Klipsch made years ago. In it's day you could buy no better speaker and today you can only beat it with Klipsch current top of the line cinema speaker systems.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I can't wait to hear the Super MCM. Rather than go on about what I think, I will say, again, what the seller told me: ~ The MCM make the LaScala sound like bookshelf speakers. I agree. It's only when I am in a self-destructive mood do I use more than 1 watt. 

GLWS

Had to laugh re-reading your comment this morning. Had a guy over to buy other speakers and of course everyone wants to hear the big boys when we are done with the speakers they came to see. Had them at what I thought was a moderate level and we were talking without struggling to do so. He had a db ap on his iPhone and with surprise on his face he showed me 98db. It is just so effortless you are up there in db before you know it. I probably need to get a db meter just to protect myself and I bet I play louder than I think.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FarmerBob said:

I had 4 of the originals flown in my loft/warehouse. Changed out the bass drivers with Cetec-Gauss. Blew the Klipsh first time out. Used Crown power.

My new theater is designed to use 3 side by side. I hope the latest ones sound as good.

That's a grab and run.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

I think a big part of the problem with pro gear being blown up is the 20amp fuses Klipsch sent out with their speakers. They did this because field techs complained about changing fuses in hard to get to places so they and Klipsch decided the right way would be to make sure you controlled output electronically. Some sound guys would load them up more and more as the crowd shouted louder and then the inevitable happened.

I can only imagine the volume levels you are dealing with.

OK here is the pair. The plywood on the crossovers has the top ply picking out on places. Otherwise what you see is the condition on all sides and these have not been dropped nor under serious abuse that I can see. Cabinets are dirty but in very good condition. Last two pics are examples of Dave not being able to control himself when the ogre of used speakers rears his ugly head. With the S-MWM's coming I am going to start cleaning out some of this. I promise as a New Years resolution to not buy more fixers until what I have here is fixed. I have some Altec A-7's that are good project speakers and if you are interested PM me. I may decide not to complete them and just sell off what I have as is.

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

• Like 5

I had the opportunity to get four complete full stacks (piezo tweeters though) with the standard double bass bins and all the amps and networks to run them but I just did not have a place to store them nor the manpower to move them.  The asking price was crazy low I did buy the Heresy HIP's that he had though.  I did offer them here on the forum I think they ended up in Maine someone purchased them.

• Like 1