Three Way MCM 1900 for sale soon

Dave A

23 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The MCM make the LaScala sound like bookshelf speakers. I agree.

Slight correction....  the Jubilee makes the LaScala sound like a bookshelf speaker......and the MCM makes the Jubilee sound like a bookshelf speaker!

:emotion-14:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dave A said:

It will be a day or two since I have to clean it off. The junk on them that is since the valuable dust will go with them. I do have one picture though.

DSC_0009.jpg

Looking at your picture, it dawned on me that if you stacked books on those horizontal braces......then the MCM system would then be.......wait for it.....  a bookshelf speaker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Looking at your picture, it dawned on me that if you stacked books on those horizontal braces......then the MCM system would then be.......wait for it.....  a bookshelf speaker!

I prefer to think of it as a multi tool work bench storage area and audio engine. I am going to make the S MWM and use tan color tinted Duratex on it so I won't have to pretend to feel guilty about all that dust. I figure the tan will look good no matter how dusty.

9 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Coyotee, That's a good one!

Do you think my significant other will now understand why we "need" these in the den. 

It is amazing how our better halves don't get the simplicity of the situation.

PS:  You forgot Roy's "-O"

:P

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 5:49 AM, Dave A said:

I think a big part of the problem with pro gear being blown up is the 20amp fuses Klipsch sent out with their speakers. They did this because field techs complained about changing fuses in hard to get to places so they and Klipsch decided the right way would be to make sure you controlled output electronically. Some sound guys would load them up more and more as the crowd shouted louder and then the inevitable happened.

I can only imagine the volume levels you are dealing with.

Fuses on mine were on the outside back panel of the W Bin in the Crossover Compartment. Not a hard change. At the time Klipsh was not known for Pro Bass Drivers. They suggested the Cetec-Gauss exchange. I also swapped out the Tweeter array with Rinkus-Heinz.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FarmerBob said:

Fuses on mine were on the outside back panel of the W Bin in the Crossover Compartment. Not a hard change. At the time Klipsh was not known for Pro Bass Drivers. They suggested the Cetec-Gauss exchange. I also swapped out the Tweeter array with Rinkus-Heinz.

What year were they suggesting that? I believe that the K-43 became the stock woofer for the MWM's because there were problems. I thought the Gauss drivers were not supposed to sound as good but they could handle gobs of power.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dave A said:

What year were they suggesting that? I believe that the K-43 became the stock woofer for the MWM's because there were problems. I thought the Gauss drivers were not supposed to sound as good but they could handle gobs of power.

This was the first year they came out. Our Halloween Party was a debut for them. Delivery was 3 days before; Install was 2 days before, that night blew out the W Bins; 4 Gauss drivers were put in two seats on a plane for "immediate" delivery, I had to go to the airport and haul them off the plane; Installed the Gauss' the second I got back and fired them up using the same Crown amp. WOW!!! They sounded incredible. With 1 day to spare. I had used Gauss before and had always liked them.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 8:45 AM, Dave A said:

OK here is the pair. The plywood on the crossovers has the top ply picking out on places. Otherwise what you see is the condition on all sides and these have not been dropped nor under serious abuse that I can see. Cabinets are dirty but in very good condition. Last two pics are examples of Dave not being able to control himself when the ogre of used speakers rears his ugly head. With the S-MWM's coming I am going to start cleaning out some of this. I promise as a New Years resolution to not buy more fixers until what I have here is fixed. I have some Altec A-7's that are good project speakers and if you are interested PM me. I may decide not to complete them and just sell off what I have as is.

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

I need those... Just to piss the neighborhood off

• Like 1

Not only was a pick-up truck not big enough to transport these in 1 load, I have not a single 36" entryway door into the house.

An enclosed trailer was doable, but having these reserved for garage duty use only was definitely a  barrier to ownership.

Oh ya, single piece double bass bins & my back would surely have been another "sore" issue.

Congratulations to both parties!

20 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I need those... Just to piss the neighborhood off

You need the ones on the pallet rack second in from the right. EAW FR-253T with a max Sound Pressure Level of 132.5 db. Enormous volume and so so audio ability blast them with your giant boom box.

1 hour ago, Arrow#422 said:

Not only was a pick-up truck not big enough to transport these in 1 load, I have not a single 36" entryway door into the house.

An enclosed trailer was doable, but having these reserved for garage duty use only was definitely a  barrier to ownership.

Oh ya, single piece double bass bins & my back would surely have been another "sore" issue.

Congratulations to both parties!

If you can find a KPT-456 or 904 or 942 you would have a speaker I could live with for the rest of my life and much smaller. The MCM 1900 is clearly superior but the other ones are the real deal too.

I unloaded those double bins with a fork lift. 288 pounds if I remember right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Who got these beauties?

Mike Monticello from Charlotte, NC. He is here on the forum at times I don't know that he posts though. He was getting a set of KPT 456's and could not handle the pressure of driving away knowing next time he was here the MCM's would be gone so he fixed that problem. His problem is that when he gets around to picking them up I will have the S-MWM's with that yummy 402 on top. He will have to leave with envy though since those are my for real keepers. No I mean it this time :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Mike Monticello from Charlotte, NC. He is here on the forum at times I don't know that he posts though. He was getting a set of KPT 456's and could not handle the pressure of driving away knowing next time he was here the MCM's would be gone so he fixed that problem. His problem is that when he gets around to picking them up I will have the S-MWM's with that yummy 402 on top. He will have to leave with envy though since those are my for real keepers. No I mean it this time :D

AWESOME glad they went to a good home!!