Klipsch Synergy F2s / C2: Speaker Cable Choice - Straightwire Rhapsody S, or regular cheap cable?

GreggyVT

I've had my Synergy F2s and C2s for a long time, paired with RS42 and B3 surrounds. The front stage currently has Straightwire Rhapsody S cables attached to them, while the rest have regular 14 gauge cables. I'm in the process of revamping my setup, including freeing up money for a new amp and center channel, and was thinking about selling the Rhapsody cables and just going with regular 14 gauge cables. Is this a mistake? Am I doing a significant downgrade? Are there better, cheaper cables I can buy if I sell the Rhapsody cables? In other words what I'm looking for are people's opinions of what is the best cable choice for these speakers. I'm guessing there won't be much difference in anything I choose so I'm leaning towards removing the Rhapsody cables. If I do, what are your recommendations for a center channel to pair with the F2s? Your input is appreciated.

Whatever money you can take away from the speaker wire portion of your budget and put that money towards speaker upgrades, the better. Example - if you can pull get $150 out of selling your current wires and put that $150 into a better center speaker, you would be making better use of your money. 

A spool of quality 18 gauge wire shouldn’t cost you more than $50.