Info on Dumortier Amps

thebes

According to the site the designer was the "Saul Marantz of Belgium". Pretty looking amps and preamps. some were solid state but mostly tubes.  The guy running the site is local to me and is selling off his whole collection as well as a lot off testing gear.  Hardly a firesale, though, his prices are a bit high. For example $4k for a pair of 1964 Khorns in raw birch.  Still plenty of pretty pictures and his homebrew stuff looks like it was built by someone who knows what they are doing.
www.dumortier-us.com

Hi All:

Yes, no "fire-sale" on some of my vintage gear as I am not anxious to sell some of it. The birch 1964 Klipschorns are a very good example. I have owned these horns for over 30 years and they are my main listening system. My local, very good friend has a pair for sale for $2800.00. They are a bit later manufacture date and in very, very nice condition. I would consider these to be a very good deal. If I didn't own mine, I would definitely buy his. 

Though I have a number of different vintage speaker systems, the Khorns remain my main speaker of choice. My wire and I like the theater sound and I like the fact that I can drive them with everything from a 2 1/2 watt 832A single-ended amplifier all the way up to my 900 series Kyocera power amplifier and everything in between. 

My Belgian collection is up for sale and includes my dumortier-us.com website. It would be nice to pass it on to a collector that would like to have what is possibly the largest collection in the world of this very rare marquis. If, within the next two years I do not find an interested collector, I will start selling it of by the piece or pair. If I do the latter, I am sure it will be more profitable, but not as satisfying.

If anyone has information on Andre Dumortier / A.D. Audio I would like to add it to my website.

Thanks and Happy 2019 to all - Joe

• Thanks 1