When does "X" become an addiction ?

joessportster

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

This is crazy, it should be legal for medical everywhere there is no excuse. Considering all the side effects of all the different medicines there is no excuse to not make it legal, at least as medicine.

I'm not saying it's the cureall for everything but it does have fewer side effects than many, so why not.

100% agreed.............I have never used but have long been preaching that cannabis should be legal, It just makes sense monetarily, less people in jail / prison, tax it like cigarettes.  IMHO it is less offensive than alcohol.  I would be a user if they legalize it and my Doc gives the go ahead. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

There are pain compounding or cocktails some are doing like opioids with acetominaphen and such that are claimed to have better pain relieving qualities than opioids alone. In any case, anyone considering should proceed with caution with OTC pain meds as they can have a serious negative effect upon the liver. Medical marijuana with the THC component are the most effective for said pain relief as per those I have spoken with. In some locales, marijuana is still classified as a narcotic I suppose as have not kept up with it. That is just pure unadulterated nonsense...imlo.

Acetaminophen is Tylenol (500mg), Norco and Percocet have it as part of the ingredients. Recommended max Tylenol is 4000 mg/day. In the past both opioids had 500 mg of Tylenol per tablet. So you could stack 4 of those and 4 Tylenol in a day and be maxed out. Now the opioids have 325mg of Tylenol so it isn't as hard on the system. Tylenol tears up your liver, Advil tears up your kidneys. It depends on how your body processes it. On bad days I take 18 Advil and 18 Tylenol, way over the limit. My physical last week shows I have the liver of a baby. And I've been known to have a beverage or two along the way. Stack at your own risk.

Mark

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 8:27 PM, joessportster said:

This question has plagued my life for the last 6+ years, I have known people with addictions for several years to most of my life. I know / known, Smokers, Alcoholics, Drug Addicts. I have never sat down and discussed with any of them if they ever had a moment when they thought they may be at the beginning of a problem. So my curiosity has peaked and I thought I might ask here.

Reason for the ?, I have been taking Opiod  pain killers for years now I am still on a very low dose according to my Dr. and I try and take them only when needed IE...not every day and never more than once a day late in the evening before bed in a vain attempt to get comfort for sleep which is usually 4 hrs or less per night.  That said I do find myself coming to a point where I will Purposely not take the medication if I think I WANT it to much, even though I am in pain (not sure that makes sense).  There are no withdraws, no shakes, no mood swings involved it is simply my state of mind, I refuse to take the Meds if a thought even enters my mind I WANT them regardless of the pain involved. 

I feel like if I take something for a WANT rather than a dire need, that is the start of a problem.

What say you ?

I say high five to you, brother. Your strong will is a blessing.

I've had a wheelchair strapped to my *** for 18 years now and my back was destroyed after the fifth year. Docs offered up the opioids then and I declined. OTC and topicals are as far as I go for pain management. It helps to have a high threshold...

Be well, my friend.

when you can't get x . and crave it...

and do what is necessary to get it....

I don't want to be hostile I don't want to be dismal But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either See I want to believe you, And I want to trust you And I want to have faith to put away the dagger But you lie, cheat, and steal But you lie, cheat, and steal But you lie, cheat, and steal And yet I tolerate you But you lie, cheat, and steal But you lie, cheat, and steal But you lie, cheat, and steal And yet I tolerate you Veil of virtue hung to hide your method While I smile and laugh and dance And sing your praise and glory Shroud of virtue hung to mask your stigma As I smile and laugh and dance And sing your glory While you lie, cheat, and steal But you lie, cheat, and steal But you lie, cheat, and steal And yet I tolerate you But you lie, cheat, and steal But you lie, cheat, and steal But you lie, cheat, and steal And yet I tolerate you Our guilt, our blame I've been far too sympathetic Our blood, our fault I've been far too sympathetic I am not innocent I am not innocent You are not innocent No one is innocent You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal You lie, cheat, and steal And yet I tolerate you I will no longer tolerate you I will no longer tolerate you If I must go down beside you No one is innocent

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

Xtasy only becomes a problem when someone of the opposite sex isn't available. 😉😉😉

Mark 

I disagree, but it all depends on the individual.  It can just lead to a mild trip experience, but this is based on the pharmaceutical version---no idea about after market.

If ur on a very low dose try and keep it that way. I was on them 4 yrs 4 pain. I became addicted thru no choice of my own. Went thru a couple withdrawls due 2 my pharmacy at the time not having my drug of choice not being in stock. 

It was the best day of my life when i was prescribed suboxone! The pain sux but at least i joined the human race again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

It used to be legal and nightclubs sold it over the counter.

Sorry, that's so far off base, it has never been legal.  I've seen everything sold over the bar, none of it legal but it still happens. Just like weed is illegal federally, you can't send it through the mail. My friends on the Task Force said as long as you keep it under a pound they won't waste their time on it. They are too busy busting heroin and Oxy dealers to mess with weed. When do you think it was developed and when was it legal?

Mark

10 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Sorry, that's so far off base, it has never been legal.  I've seen everything sold over the bar, none of it legal but it still happens. Just like weed is illegal federally, you can't send it through the mail. My friends on the Task Force said as long as you keep it under a pound they won't waste their time on it. They are too busy busting heroin and Oxy dealers to mess with weed. When do you think it was developed and when was it legal?

Mark

It was a joke.