7 hours ago, mopardave said:

Now, if someone can give some instruction on how to properly treat them with tung oil and i will finish them tomorrow.

I like to use tung oil with #0000 steel wool.  Soak, rub, clean off, repeat until happy.  Same as you did for the first coat.  Provides a soft luster an the more you do it, the deeper the glow (not including the smoother it gets).

3 hours ago, pzannucci said:

I like to use tung oil with #0000 steel wool.  Soak, rub, clean off, repeat until happy.  Same as you did for the first coat.  Provides a soft luster an the more you do it, the deeper the glow (not including the smoother it gets).

So I use the 0000 steel wool to smoothen them up and then apply the oil and work it in with the steel wool?

10 minutes ago, frt8dog said:

Nice job! Very nice!

Thank You.  I'm very pleased with the results.  Only mistake I made was not cutting the face strips in one long piece so the grain structure would line up nice.  took 12hrs to finish and I was getting tired and just forgot.       Not really hard to do, so I have made up my mind and will do the Cornwalls as well later this year.   I'm thinking something darker thou like this Italian Dark Ebony.

vtecebonybrownqtr__54512.1510348383.1280.1280.jpg

23 minutes ago, avguytx said:

You did a great job on the veneer and the tung oil should work really good on them with proper care.  It's a tougher finish than just something like Watco Danish oil but both yield good results.  Definite thumbs up to you!

Thanks. Gonna have to make a trip to Home Depot for some steel wool.   The router did a very nice job trimming the edges, but I still had some sanding to get them flush and smoothed out.    Very happy with the out come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

Thank You.  I'm very pleased with the results.  Only mistake I made was not cutting the face strips in one long piece so the grain structure would line up nice.  took 12hrs to finish and I was getting tired and just forgot.      

Good Job!  That can be a hard lesson when you don't quit when you are tired.  I find that making notes for myself and checking them off as I go can help.  Thanks for sharing!

18 minutes ago, capo72 said:

Great Job! What adhesive method did you end up using?

I used Weldwood contact cement.  I did not use the iron method. Thought it was introducing too many ways for me to screw up.   It was a little smelly, but was easy to use.

Thanks to all who helped with the tips. Couldn't have done such a nice job without them.