Pro-ject Tube Box DS : SOLD!

JohnJ

If you're a SS guy or gal and wondered what putting tubes in the path of your records could sound like.......

I did and this preamp makes LPs the star of my rig.  Vocals come alive, string instruments sound like you could smell the resin, bass response you can feel in your gut, electric guitar distortion that can shred your spine. Need to also mention the absolute depth and the quiet background in the sound reproduction. Everything that you have read about the "tube sound" is real and tangible. Used this for a year.. since Oct `17. Like new condition >50 <100 hours on it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this phono preamp, I've succumbed to upgrade-itis like so many of us. Two 12AX7 ECC83 Golden Triodes make the magic hereHave the original packaging material and paperwork, it comes with it's own power supply. This has been connected through a good power conditioner/surge suppressor its entire time of use. If shipped I intend to put that box inside of another for better protection.

$270.00 Paypal + shipping to the contiguous USA.

I will be able to get it out by next Friday 2/11 at the latest, I think.

IMG-20190105-112205.jpg

IMG-20190105-112116.jpg

IMG-20190105-112221.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
Sold

Yes the tubes are a buffer, the last stage in this, so probably a no-go for an at heart tube purest.

But I think even someone with a gorgeous McIntosh rig could appreciate how this thing makes what comes off the vinyl so realistic!

Maybe I need to utilize the familiar terminology here ;)?

Buttery midrange, true and clear percussion, rich resounding bass that can make your skin tingle!

The total palate of every instrument is laid out just as in the studio or on the stage with this pre!

• Like 1

This has variable input impedance for MC that you can adjust while the record is playing!

You set the capacitance with the jumpers, set the gain 40 - 50 - 60db whichever works best for your MC or MM cart.

Getting less available now and their price is going up... duckduckgo it - you'll see.

Price is going down here, knocking another $25 off.

• 2 weeks later...