Need Help - selecting Wall Mounts for RP-502S, R-41M

sanjeeb

Hi All,

Need some help in getting a pair of wall-mounts for my RP - 502s speakers. I got a pair of mount options for R - 41M book-shelf speakers (to be used for rear surround) from amazon - but not sure, if the same would work for 502s. On Klipsch website,  found about the SB-9 mounting bracket, but couldn't find in any store.

https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clamping-Bookshelf-Surrounding-MS56B/dp/B000X9O8SI/ref=lp_297859_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546793207&sr=1-9

https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Clamping-Bookshelf-Surrounding-SWM201/dp/B01GUITK24/ref=lp_297859_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546793207&sr=1-19

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Universal-Clamping-Bookshelf-Mounting/dp/B01MZE0O8U

Any suggestions about the better mount!!! Thanks.

Hi Sanjeeb,

I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I want to wall mount my R-51M speakers and asked for help from the community. (See Wall Mounting R-51M Speakers? last entry 1/2/19) Like me, you seem to have researched as many wall mounting brackets as I did, and came up with the same options. Here's what I did and why. I went with https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clamping-Bookshelf-Surrounding-MS56B/dp/B000X9O8SI/ref=lp_297859_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546793207&sr=1-9  For several reason's to include almost 1300 reviews of the mounts and decent rating, solid construction, ability to clamp, screw, and strap the speaker to the mount, and lastly, it has a minimum width of 5.3", swivel 360 degs. tilt up to 10 degs, and hold up to 33 lbs (My 51s are 11lbs a piece) The other two mounting brackets hold up 55 and 66 lbs respectively. Which I felt was overkill. And for one reason or another, I didn't feel they fit my needs. 

I just got them delivered yesterday and have yet to mount them on my wall or even to open the box. With that said, I'll probably mount them on the wall over the weekend (with any luck) after first determining how to attach the speakers to the mount. I have a few ideas and I hope to channel my MacGyver creativity into a workable solution. BTW....nothing I'm considering has to do with using screws to attach the speakers to the mount. That's crazy!  If you've come up with a solution since you posted this, I'd be interested in finding out how you did it.  Otherwise, stay tuned

Following this,  as I’ve just bought a pair of RP-502S, and I’ve been trying to decide how to mount them. They are scheduled to arrive Monday. 

I’ve used the “videosecu” mounts (the first link in the OP) to wall mount my RB 61IIs. They work well, and hold the speakers in place fairly well. Now I did commit the sacrilege of using a small screw in the bottom of the speakers to secure them to the mounts. It’s out of sight, and better than risking a smashed speaker, or an injured person. The 61s are heavy, at nearly eighteen pounds each, plus the mounts (maybe two or three pounds each?). The problem is finding a wall stud that’s in the right place. I just didn’t trust using wall anchors. I think they’d work well on the R-51Ms 

I've had  these for a few years now and they are holding my RB-75's (32 lbs. each)

I'm not familiar with the OP's speakers but the 75s have a threaded insert on the bottom. I drilled a hole in the support plate of the mounts and utilized the inserts for extra security.

http://www.pinpointmounts.com/AM-40_Side_Clamping_Bookshelf_Speaker_Wall_Mount.html

VZOr1nW.jpgEmCnVTc.jpg

The Omnimount models are great for Square speakers! I purchased some Blue Tack from Amazon and put that on the bottom and side contacts. It works wonderfully. 

https://www.amazon.com/Blu-Tack-S050Q-Reusable-Adhesive-75g/dp/B001FGLX72/ref=asc_df_B001FGLX72/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198062181806&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7513434612749025437&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030257&hvtargid=pla-321151331657&psc=1

However, with the 240s/250s and now the new 402s/502s series, they are triangular in shape. So the pinch points in this application are directly on the corner where the front grill resides. That may be fine if you are willing to ditch the grill, but my wife prefers my set up with grills on. I also prefer the option of grill on or off.

Option B is to drill holes in the bottom to secure the speaker. Not my first choice having just spent 8 bills plus tax on a beautiful set of speakers! 

Like sanjeeb, I have done tireless research on angular mounting options for these speakers, and there seems to be no after market option. There are some mounts offered on the Klipsch website but good luck gaining access to that unless you are a dealer.

https://www.klipsch.com/pro/cinema/parts-upgrades  

I highly enjoy the all Klipsch timbre matched 7.2.4 system I have put together, in the last two years. But I am a bit disappointed at the lack of mounting options for their surround speakers. Barring in wall installation, there are a lot of consumers looking for OEM mounting hardware. 

Please advise, Thx.

Edited by Addicted To $ound

I used the omni mounts for the RP-502's and used the threaded mount near the bottom and added 4 small wood screws provided with the mounts for additional security.I did not want to drill the backs but I really dont think I will get rid of them anytime and if I do I will just flush mount the screws without the bracket and done. The 502's weigh around 16-17 lbs and the bracket into drywall with lag is rated above 40lbs. works fine. As far as a clamp mount I could not find one big enough.If I did I would gues it would be 100.00 ea and what did I save, 4 holes in the back of the speaker?Just my take on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the following mount that works great for the 502S and the 250S speaker.  It does require drilling four mounting holes in the back of the cabinet at 1/2 inch deep.  This depth does not protrude all the way thru the rear panel so there is not need to be concerned about hitting a wire, speaker of circuit board.  These brackets are designed for the weight.

Omnimount 25.0W Wall Speaker Mount, Black

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, M_Klipsch said:

I’ve mounted the RP502S, using their Keyhole mounts and Mollybolts rated for 60#. So far,  two days in and they are still up. They probably need a safety backup just in case. I haven’t sorted a way to do that. Possibly use the threaded mount in some way?

I am interested in this. How is your setup holding? Since the 502S weighs less than 20 lbs i wanted to see if this works.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, hunkyn said:

I am interested in this. How is your setup holding? Since the 502S weighs less than 20 lbs i wanted to see if this works.

They are still up, the keyhole mount is working perfectly. Absolutely no issues. As long as you properly affix the  mollybolts this seems a secure mounting method. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, M_Klipsch said:

I’ve mounted the RP502S, using their Keyhole mounts and Mollybolts rated for 60#. So far,  two days in and they are still up. They probably need a safety backup just in case. I haven’t sorted a way to do that. Possibly use the threaded mount in some way?

Can you please tell me what keyhole mounts you bought?

On 4/21/2020 at 9:08 PM, LC222 said:

Can you please tell me what keyhole mounts you bought?

The “keyhole” mounts in the back of the speaker. I just used a wall anchor rated for 60#, you fit the head of the bolt into the “keyhole”. Mine have been have been up this way for well over a year now, with no problems. Just make sure you use an appropriate wall anchor, and install it properly. 

A7AB144A-0139-49CE-A1A8-009E79745377.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Hi there. I followed this thread for a while and there was not much info or choices here or in other similar threads. I’m in Canada and took the chance with Rockville RHSB4 brackets. I was hesitant since buying via Amazon was very expensive, but ordering directly from there was a risk as there were some bad reviews. I ordered directly and I’m so glad I got these ones, they shipped fast and the product is solid. They allow 3 options to install: using the thread, the pinhole, or screwing a support piece in your speaker. Ended up with the pinhole because is  at the top ans one speaker was installed in an area where the wall is just a bulkhead, but I find it worked better in my case. I had 2 sets of speakers to install: RP 400m and RP 402s. They worked in my case also because I liked the old school look and I’m using banana plugs, so I needed space between the wall and the speaker. I’ll try to post some pics

Ha41ce442c91f4f82b7ffe9507d5eb429e.jpg_q50.webpI found these on Aliexpress. I like them because the wall bracket is vertical and the speaker bracket is horizontal so that it does not interfere with the vent hole on the back of the R-51m's I am contemplating on buying. The speaker bracket is 155 mm or 6.1 inches wide so you would have to trim the edges so as not to protrude on the R-14M and R-41M but should fit R-51M. Shipping is pricey though.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32966122827.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.79ef27ddsUg00A&algo_pvid=256839de-23dd-4266-9845-83ed276dd03f&algo_expid=256839de-23dd-4266-9845-83ed276dd03f-0&btsid=0bb0623616086156133782813ee447&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Edited by Jess P
correction of dimensions

• 1 year later...