Inexpensive Integrated Amplifiers

Deang

I have a Rotel RA-985BX that I enjoy.  Maybe someone here can tell me whether or not the volume control on that integrated amp is bypassed if I remove jumpers on the rear, and send the front pre-amp line out's from my Pioneer Elite VSX-42 to the Rotel unit?  I'd like to use the Rotel for my front mains, and 2 channel stereo when I want (it sounds better than the pioneer) but not sure if this config works or not.  My goals is to control volume and inputs on the Pioneer unit, but have my Rotel Integrated amp be the power source for the Front L&R channels.   Thoughts?

Edited by zimdogg

I bought a cheap hybrid valve amplifier: PJ Miaolai : https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Digital-Audio/dp/B07BHNPPMS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547050804&sr=8-3&keywords=nobsound+Bluetooth+vacuum+tube+power

I plan to run it with my (formerly redundant) Denon speakers, but I was very curious how it sounds with my Klipsch RP 160M  speakers. For this price, it sounds amazing! Built in bluetooth (works excellent with my Amazon Fire HD tablet), one RCA and one 3.5mm jack aux.

The volume on the Klipsch speakers is very impressive; sound quality too!

Hope this keeps working properly!

DSCF4542.JPG

DSCF4541.JPG

DSCF4540.JPG

DSCF4539.JPG

DSCF4538.JPG

• Like 2

On 1/7/2019 at 3:17 PM, Shiva said:

I have been getting adverts of this from Parts-express lately.  Looks interesting.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dta-21bt2-100w-21-class-d-bluetooth-amplifier-with-sub-frequency-adjustment--300-3831

I

I use this amp in my office setup with R15Ms and a Polk 10” sub. Works great for the price.

I use this at home, it is playing now, the Topping TP32Ex. It never fails to impress me with its qualities.  2 digital connections + 1 analog and remote controlled. The remote is a bit flimsy, so I taught another remote its functions and stowed it away. There is a newer more powerful model out now, that is also at a lower price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Topping-TP32EX-Class-T-Amplifier-with-DAC-and-Remote-Control/322597788228?epid=900217174&hash=item4b1c539a44:g:qXwAAOSwxg9ZbQao:rk:1:pf:1    

• Like 1

I can recommend Musical Paradise gear for those wanting to get into tubes on a budget. My Fortes and this one are a match made in heaven. The construction quality is very good for the price and mine  sounds amazing with upgraded KT88 Gold Lions.

http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=54

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Amazing how cheap such things can be had from China. Deduct shipping far distances, eBay and PayPal fees.  That leaves you with..... 

59 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Amazing how cheap such things can be had from China. Deduct shipping far distances, eBay and PayPal fees.  That leaves you with..... 

Or you could turn it around: amazing how  in other countries they charge far too much for what it is... How often do we pay premium for nothing more than a label or brand name tag glued on it, worth a couple of cents..., the 'premium' amp produced in the same Chinese factory as the cheap one, with the same components...

Edited by LeftEyeShooter
typo corrected
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you are looking for something tiny and cool running with a DAC, just bought a DTA-Pro from Parts-Express.  https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dta-pro-100w-class-d-bluetooth-amplifier-with-usb-dac-ir-remote-and-sub-outpu--300-3835

To say I am mildly amazed would be an understatement.  It needs breaking in but seems to be the best $150 I have spent on stereo equipment.  Maybe it's the fact that it is so small and it is a psychological thing so I better give it a couple of weeks but at the moment, seems to be the real deal.

2 hours ago, Archguy said:

A single tone control? I haven't seen that since I was  a little kid, and it was on an old AM car radio.

300-3830_HR_0.jpg

My parents' old console AM radio, c.1942, had a single tone control.  It was just a hash filter.  Rotating it to the left rolled off the high frequencies more and more, until it arrived at "mellow."  But it did have a bundle of wires attached mysteriously deep in the cabinet, with a multi-contact plug hanging from the wires.  The plug was marked "television." 

image.thumb.png.e895d34edfa778f4ba0ccaea318b016d.png