Klipschorns for sale - Sold

briney

'91 Klipschorns for sale. I'm in zip code 49120. 2 hours from Chicago. Asking $2,400.00. Minor issues with veneer on bottom edge and a ding on left speaker top. Otherwise lovely speakers.

Selling because I don't have corners. I have boxes. I will not ship. Drivers are stock. I changed capacitors about 8 years ago, no other changes.

both.jpg

boxes.jpg

kh-left.jpg

I predict a quick sale and a happy buyer.  B)

+++

Not to challenge your claim of 1991 speakers, but the S/N should start with the year, then week.  YYWW.

It's a minor difference as your obviously well cared for Khorns and the well thought of AK-3 crossovers determine the value more than anything else.

14 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@jimjimbo

These appear to be in your backyard.

Bring some Yeungling with you when you come north across the boarder.

Thanks in advance...

JimJimbo says he will be coming right by your house next week, but he won't be delivering them...lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@jimjimbo

These appear to be in your backyard.

Bring some Yeungling with you when you come north across the boarder.

Thanks in advance...

They sure are close to me.  I'd be happy to check them out for any prospective buyer.

What, you can't get Yeungling in your neck of the woods?

Wow, wow, wow. I am tempted to take the 6 hour drive from St. Louis and pick these up myself(and I really might aasuming I can pep talk myself enough). To follow up about the year of manufacture, those are indeed '90 or '91 DOB. I have a pair of LaScalas from that same era and they have that same wonky 09001(...) long serial that nobody can decipher.  Apparently Klipsch had just switched to computers then and the serials lost all rhyme and reason to them for awhile.

Nice looking Khorns.  But looks like the crossover wire may have corroded and turned green?  I had a pair of Ks with AK-3 as well that did that.(but Walnut).  Not a big deal at all.  Just a little crossover work to be done.  Terminal strips could be added as well.  Anyhow..........certainly a nice pair of Ks.  Congrats to the lucky new owner.

3 hours ago, briney said:

I see some writing on the wire, no corrosion. 

It might say:

"come buy me and my twin brother, we don't eat much (power) and will be quite content in opposing corners minding our own business until, of course, it is time to PLAY"