1985 Cornwall issue

rodcad

I think th OP’s version of Cornwall 1 have the K-77 tweeters, but the same mid-horn as the Cornwall 2, and the “most excellent” B-3 crossover!

I have a pair of them, and the newer Cornwall 2’s. 

Very subtle differences despite the vastly different drivers. Either version are excellent examples.

Amazing what the expert ears at Klipsch accomplished by voicing the crossover accordingly!

19 minutes ago, geoff. said:

I think th OP’s version of Cornwall 1 have the K-77 tweeters, but the same mid-horn as the Cornwall 2, and the “most excellent” B-3 crossover!

Very subtle differences despite the vastly different drivers. Either version are excellent examples.

Amazing what the expert ears at Klipsch accomplished by voicing the crossover accordingly!

The CW1's could either have the K55 or K57's. The latter CW's were K57's but from 84' on there was a mish-mash of components used. If it were a CW2 then it definitely woild have the B-3. But the K55 would have had the B-2 network as the B-3's cross point is higher between woof and mid. 

26 minutes ago, geoff. said:

You think they would have made a clean looking professional crossover for the C2's because they look like a big POS (I have them, so I'm not trashing anyone's stuff, but really.  

Mike has generously offered to come over this Saturday and we're going to open them up and see what I have. Whatever needs to be done immediately I'll get on order. I really appreciate all the tips. What a great place! What a bunch of nuts we are! We could have worse hobbies right?

12 hours ago, rodcad said:

Mike has generously offered to come over this Saturday and we're going to open them up and see what I have. Whatever needs to be done immediately I'll get on order. I really appreciate all the tips. What a great place! What a bunch of nuts we are! We could have worse hobbies right?

You sir are correct; fantastic group, that will tell you what you should do, how you should do it and what you should spend.😲  

2 hours ago, rodcad said:

And I LOVE good bourbon!

It's five o'clock somewhere!

This will be fun.  Bringing as much stuff as I can, not knowing what the issue(s) are.  Even found the old diaphragms from my Heresy's K-52-H mids,  just in case his contains the Heppner K-52-H as well and one or both are bad.  Also a pair of K-77-M's.  

Hopefully it's something simple, but we'll see.

Mike