My five year old daughter’s endorsement

WorkingEdge

So I have been thinking about Heresy III as center for my recent Forte III purchase. I was playing around with Forte III as center (used RP160M’s as left right temporarily and AB compared RP250C with Forte III. Was watching Pitch Perfect 3 with my 5 year old daughter, replaying a few scenes. I asked her which sounded better and she said “the big speaker.”  I asked why. She thought about it for a couple of seconds and replied, “It just sounds live.”  I was floored. Mission accomplished Mr. PWK! 

Edited by WorkingEdge
Typo
  • Like 4

• Moderators

What is the difference in price of a Hlll compared to a Flll ?

I would trust her opinion, she only went by sound, it's harder for us to do that knowing what they are. I use a F ll between F lll's mains for HT, with 3 F ll's for rears, I would like to get a single F lll one day, but that day will be no time soon. When It was 3 Fll's across the front you can hear the perfect match, it does matter but the Fll center is as close as I can get for now.

And Welcome, your almost new here.

@dtel

Thanks for welcome!  Have been reading for past year and a half or so before joining. I’ve learned much from your posts. 

The price difference is several hundred I think (based on the price of two FIII’s I just bought and the quote for one HIII so only a guess). 

Bigger issue is I can’t fit anything larger in existing console and HIII is already pushing it. If it weren’t for the whole space, money, and wife acceptance factor...haha!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Maby look for a single H ll , even if in rough shape it could always be sanded and painted black like most centers ?  Now if WAF makes a difference toward woodgrain that's different.

" I’ve learned much from your posts. "

That's kind of scary. :lol: