My story

JGT914

Early last year I was nearing the end of a multi-year, multi-state work assignment that had taken me to a very remote area of West Virginia south of Charleston. I had to interview people in their homes for litigation. My partner and I could not find one house. Wasn't on the street map. Then we saw it up at the end of a narrow single lane gravel road with a panoramic view of the Kanawha River. We made it up and were greeted by a rather articulate gent who invited us in. Big city retiree who had moved back home. And the first thing I saw inside were the Khorns in his den. Said he had had them for years and would not move back home without them. We wrapped things up and our project is now over. Delivering those speakers up there without a nick or scratch was a huge undertaking. Now that I'm a new H3WO owner, on a lesser scale, I can understand. We are everywhere.

• Like 9

I wish I could say we stayed and had an immersive bonding experience, but as I recall my colleague and I were running late and had to make a flight to ORD. He put on some jazz as we were leaving. Don't recall the gear, except it was unobtrusive. Could have been older NAD or Adcom. Just the justaposition of the speakers against the region's poverty was what froze the memory for me. Thinking we were between Boomer and Glen Ferris.