K-691 Drivers

babadono

6 hours ago, babadono said:

75 or 750? Anyone got data on this if it is indeed the 75? @mikebse2a3?

If I remember correctly it’s a 75 but modified for Klipsch so I suspect the standard 75 data would not correspond to the 691.

With the limited time I spent listening to the Jubs with the K691 I was impressed with their performance 🙂

I have a B&C price list.  There are 4 versions of the DE75 listed.  One of those is the DE75PK.  I can find data sheets for all of them except the DE75PK.  I suspect that is the one Klipsch uses.

Bob Crites

• Like 5

The B&C DE750 has a slightly more powerful magnet (1.9T vs. 1.85T flux density) than the DE75P. 

In my experience, the more powerful magnet slightly increases the relative sensitivity in the highest octave: 10-20 kHz, but the titanium diaphragm behaviors in both drivers is approximately the same above 10 kHz in terms of non-pistonic behavior.  They should sound very similar in operation if EQed properly.

Chris

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, BEC said:

I have a B&C price list.  There are 4 versions of the DE75 listed.  One of those is the DE75PK.  I can find data sheets for all of them except the DE75PK.  I suspect that is the one Klipsch uses.

Bob Crites

Sounds like the EV 15w vs the EV 15wk, which from what I read was nothing different than a 4 ohm version. 

My 510/402 combo came with a DE75 on the 510.  I have a pair of the DE750 on my 402s now.

Probably irrelevant, I just wanted my voice to be heard.

That's a "K-69-A" vs. a P.Audio BM-D750 series I, which are the same driver.  There is also a "K-69", which is actually a B&C DE75 driver.  It has a different back shape than a K-69-A and it sounds nicer in subjective listening trials.  The B&C driver was also more expensive than the P.Audio driver when it was being used in the early 2000s before the K-69-A hit the scene.

I believe that a lot of people gloss over that "-A" designator.   It's a pretty important one.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...