**SOLD** Cherry RF-5's $400 Cash and Carry Seattle Area

jjptkd

***SOLD***

So I picked up a set of fairly nice Cherry RF-5's thinking I would just swap them out for the black ones I have in my living room system and they didn't make it an hour before the wife was chewing my behind about "too many colors in the room" and they "didn't match any of the furniture" blah blah blah, I would have rather thrown everything else out instead but she is the boss!!

Anyway, long story short I have these speakers for sale they are at my indoor heated storage unit in Bothell and I just need them gone. All drivers everything works and they are in decent shape minus some light scratches and a small chew mark. I have lots of pictures posted in my listings but can send you more if interested. 

I really love the RF-5's, to me they are right up there with the Quartet and forte models only in a nice slender tower speaker and in the right room they have way more bass than is reasonably needed without a sub. I just finished modding my set with RC-7 parts; horn driver and upper crossover and that just makes a really nice speaker a bit over the top nice. It took me a few months to collect the parts to make the change and I tell you these RF-5's sound really good stock I was not in too much of a hurry to change anything but once I did it was worth it and a nice improvement, very similar to going from an RB-5 to an RB-75. 

Any questions please feel free to ask thanks.  https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ele/d/kenmore-rare-klipsch-rf-5s-in-cherry/6788521999.html

Jesse

• Like 2

Did you consider just finishing them black and being done with it?  You could do anything from a vinyl wrap, bonding primer and paint, veneer.  Just a suggestions, we all have things we've sold and then went "why the hell did I do that".  

2 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

bump

I wouldn't sell mine for $400 !

Thanks for the bump! Seriously thinking about making room for some longer term storage if someone doesn't grab them soon, they are kind of hard to find.

1 minute ago, Pete H said:

Did you consider just finishing them black and being done with it?  

I'm currently running a pair of minty factory black RF-5's that I picked up from the original owner a couple of years ago so the set I'm selling is a second pair I picked up recently. I personally prefer the Cherry cabinets and didn't think it would be a big deal to swap them out but wow what a shite storm that started..