Klipsch La Scala Question

andyb213

I recently acquired a pair of La Scala. They are currently black, but appear to have been painted at some point. I would like to determine if this pair came from the factory as black and were repainted or if they were another finish and someone painted them black later. I plan to do some refinish work on them and the info may determine which direction I go. The serial numbers are 4N216 and 4N219, as stamped into the wood on back. The only tag on back is too faded to read Type or SN. They have type AA crossovers. They also have carry handles on the sides but not sure if original or added later. I appreciate any help anyone here may be able to offer, or info on what is the best way to make this determination. Any help/guidance is much appreciated..

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

I was told by the seller that he had them about 20 years. He said he was told they had been used by a band that toured, so I wondered if maybe someone added handles and painted black to  better weather the constant loading/unloading.  Thank you so much for your input.