SVS or Klipsch sub?

Harbormaster

2 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

in for the replies.  currently looking for some svs sb2000's.  cant convince myself to get a klipsch sub with all the amplifier problems they can/do have.

I would love an R-115 and am sure it would be an excellent fit for my needs, however that is quite concerning to me as well.... 

• Like 1

My 2 cents - 

I bought an RSW-15 around 15 years ago. It went out a little over 2 years ago (I have a thread on that here: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/166611-another-rsw-15-bites-the-dust/

)

I had it repaired and it went out a month or so ago. I too was hesitant about buying another Klipsch sub - I did get excellent mileage out of mine, but recent reports on later models did not appear to be good.

I went with a SVS-PB16-Ultra. Besides moving it around (175 lbs) it is great. I am not an audiophile, I do not measure SPLs and that "stuff". It does seem "tighter", deeper and louder. I am very happy with my choice and SVS gives an excellent warranty.

Oh - BTW - I did fix my RSW-15 (this past weekend) - so now I have 2 a$$ kicking subs 🙂

Just don't have the real-estate to place 2 behemoths - yet.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Rizvi said:

Hi guys,

just need some guidance if I can use SPL 150 and PB 16 ultra together in the same system. I have 2 SPL 150 and now I am planning to add one PB 16 ultra. 

you can mix subs but most people say that they will be difficult to match due to different sonic characteristics.  the PB16 is a heck of a lot more sub than the spl15

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am not getting even bass through out my basement room because of uneven roof probably. I wanna keep two subs on the front as it looks good and would like to add one right alongside with my couch. One option is to add one more SPL but I really wanted to invest in PB 16 ultra for future upgrades.

5 minutes ago, Rizvi said:

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am not getting even bass through out my basement room because of uneven roof probably. I wanna keep two subs on the front as it looks good and would like to add one right alongside with my couch. One option is to add one more SPL but I really wanted to invest in PB 16 ultra for future upgrades.

All rooms have peaks and nulls.  Multiple subs can help in that regard.