K-510 pic needed of "broken" horn

Emile

2 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

come on bro. If you want a horn then buy a component as each is serialized. Cheers. 

OK; let me try to explain this again.  I now have a set of KPT-904's with 2 DIFFERENT horns ... one "old" horn with a K-691 driver and one "new (w/mumps) horn with a K-691 driver.  Just trying to get this system back to ORIGINAL/UPDATED specs. You think it is unreasonable to request Klipsch to remedy this?  It is only Klipsch' unwillingness to serve its customers and "broken promises" by them that we have to resort to "other" means. And NO "bro;" there are no serial numbers on these horns.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Marvel said:

How about a trade up... send in the original k-510 for the new one with mumps?

Great idea, everybody wins.

Klipsch won't need to worry about the DIY crowd getting their hands on another toy and another satisfied customer taken care of.

2 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

And asking others to send pics of a broken horn....come on bro. If you want a horn then buy a component as each is serialized.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but IMO it was a joke.  He wasn't really asking for a pic of  broken horn, that would be absurd.  That's an outsider's opinion.

Whatever you guys can transact after that is between you.  I have no stake in the outcome.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Emile said:

Yeah, but do not trust them anymore ... have had promises broken

I wasn't there for any of the conversations, but had I heard in the beginning that you wanted to buy just a horn lens, I would have told you that 'my understanding' was that they simply don't do that....  they don't want to be in the parts business for DIY'ers, just like Roy said...  

My take on it is you perhaps spoke to someone who frankly, might not have known better.... and now their ignorance has put you into a bad situation.

I've got an idea... first, do I understand that you have one horn with mumps and one without?

If that's accurate, I have a 510 without mumps.  Personally I'm agnostic about them and don't care if I have mumps or not....my horn is sitting in my closet with nothing to mount it to.  

I'd be happy to swap my without mumps for your mumps, this way you'll have a matched pair and I can have some mumps in the closet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

One more time. Klipsch does not sell parts for projects. If you have a damaged horn, blow a driver then we will sell you the replacement part or warranty the part to get your speaker up and running. But to get parts just to get parts, no. And asking others to send pics of a broken horn....come on bro. If you want a horn then buy a component as each is serialized. Cheers. 

Chief,

Some people don't give a damn about anything except what is good for them and what they want.

So on a completely different subject, how's the fishing and what's the hot new bait you're using?😁😁😁

Mark

51 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but IMO it was a joke.  He wasn't really asking for a pic of  broken horn, that would be absurd.  That's an outsider's opinion.

Whatever you guys can transact after that is between you.  I have no stake in the outcome.

He was serious Dave and yes it's absurd.🤑🤑🤑

Mark

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Send me your klipsch speakers. I'll pay shipping and burn them for you.   What a disgrace from klipsch! 

Why is it a disgrace exactly? So we can buy parts and DIY to save a few $$$ and more than likely put out an inferior product? Maybe that's why they no longer sell the older version badges, people make a speaker, slap a Klipsch badge on it and peddle it as original?

Mark

13 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Why is it a disgrace exactly? So we can buy parts and DIY to save a few $$$ and more than likely put out an inferior product? Maybe that's why they no longer sell the older version badges, people make a speaker, slap a Klipsch badge on it and peddle it as original?

Mark

That was sarcasm.   I'll leave a better clue next time..... 

2 hours ago, jason str said:

Great idea, everybody wins.

Klipsch won't need to worry about the DIY crowd getting their hands on another toy and another satisfied customer taken care of.

Jason,

Buying on the used market doesn't qualify you as a customer, Klipsch doesn't warranty the speakers to anyone but the original buyer, unless that policy has changed

Mark

43 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Jason,

Buying on the used market doesn't qualify you as a customer, Klipsch doesn't warranty the speakers to anyone but the original buyer, unless that policy has changed

Mark

I have not been following the story if these were new or used or implying Klipsch should warranty anything.

12 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

These are actually super easy to get... it's called buying the top end of a KPT-904.  ;)  Yeah I know, nobody wants to pay for it.  

The only issue with this is some people are seeking the k510 and are not needing a stand or driver. 

• Like 1