K-510 pic needed of "broken" horn

Emile

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Still boils down to money.  Part number 097024000003.  Just saying.  

They won't get a better price anywhere than from you Cory. I haven't bought anything from you but you get rave reviews for price and service. 

I do need drivers for my 2007 Khorn mids. Can you PM me a price delivered to 60102 please?

TY

Mark

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Gorm said:

How has someone not been able to scan and reproduce this horn on a 3D printer yet? Is the technology not that accessible yet?

Yeah it's this funny thing that @Chief bonehead got when he designed that horn with mumps, it's called a US Patent.  Those guys at Klipsch get downright onery about patents and trademarks.

Copying a patented product, even if you don't sell it, is still actionable.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Yeah it's this funny thing that @Chief bonehead got when he designed that horn with mumps, it's called a US Patent.  Those guys at Klipsch get downright onery about patents and trademarks.

Klipsch will be shutting down copycats and more will pop up, their attorneys will be busy trying to stay ahead of all the thieves. Unfortunately, people have no respect for other people and their work, the only goal is to make as much as they can before they get shut down.

Mark

Yeah it's this funny thing that [mention=58629]Chief bonehead[/mention] got when he designed that horn with mumps, it's called a US Patent.  Those guys at Klipsch get downright onery about patents and trademarks.

How about this one?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173692696856

An obvious counterfeit.
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

One more time. Klipsch does not sell parts for projects. If you have a damaged horn, blow a driver then we will sell you the replacement part or warranty the part to get your speaker up and running. But to get parts just to get parts, no. And asking others to send pics of a broken horn....come on bro. If you want a horn then buy a component as each is serialized. Cheers. 

OK Chief ... apologize for my negative comments ... was just pretty disappointed that I was unable to get a replacement for my "old" 510 horn as it seemed "reasonable" (at least to me) to get a matching set of horns for my 904's.  And ... my request for a "picture of a broken horn" was in jest ... I just wanted to start a conversation and looking back on it, it was in "poor taste."

Regards, Emile

• Like 4

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but IMO it was a joke.  He wasn't really asking for a pic of  broken horn, that would be absurd. 

Thank you SIR :)  Yes, I was joking and just wanted to start a conversation  ... OK; I was very frustrated ... apologize for a "bad" joke.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coytee said:

I have a 510 without mumps.  Personally I'm agnostic about them and don't care if I have mumps or not....my horn is sitting in my closet with nothing to mount it to.  

@Coytee ... thanks! Interesting solution ... but let's see what happens :D 

No worries...  it's not going anywhere (nor is the TAD-4002 I have for it)

Now, if I could only get my wife to agree to move (get rid?) her (now deceased) fathers buffet that is in the way...but I guess that isn't going to happen.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2019 at 7:11 PM, wvu80 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but IMO it was a joke.  He wasn't really asking for a pic of  broken horn, that would be absurd.  That's an outsider's opinion.

Whatever you guys can transact after that is between you.  I have no stake in the outcome.

It is no joke. I have some 1132 driver problems with the pile-o-456's I bought and serial numbers required. So I take pictures of the SN's and send them off. I have had to do this with Forte passives also in the past.

• Moderators
On 1/10/2019 at 12:20 AM, ZEUS121996 said:

Klipsch will be shutting down copycats and more will pop up, their attorneys will be busy trying to stay ahead of all the thieves. Unfortunately, people have no respect for other people and their work, the only goal is to make as much as they can before they get shut down.

Mark

I agree with you.

They have an army of lawyers, they hit China for over a $1,000,000 (yes they were paid and it is in the bank) last year in litigation sanctions on a case where the underlying infringement was worth about $50,000 (general consensus).  It was a big buzz in the IP legal community.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:18 AM, Skelt said:

How about this one?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173692696856

An obvious counterfeit.

get the real deal and help the museum as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PWK-Klipsch-Coffee-Cup/382708425279?hash=item591b33223f:g:7CYAAOSwcW9boA0j:rk:1:pf:0

I did!

mug2.thumb.jpg.65734627f218610d27052656336fec42.jpg

• Like 1