Diet

Bosco-d-gama

You have created another problem. If you turn sideways no one will see you and they will walk right over you. Now you must add warning lights to your clothing.

JJK

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, svberger said:

That's me around that time, and me now. 33 lbs has been since December '20

Hey your hair is the same color.  Good transformation.  I agree, for me at 66, I am in the best shape ever.

• Like 1

Portion sizes are out of control. Most adults eat like they work on a ranch/farm for 10-12 hours, when most end up leading sedentary lives, then go to whatever restaurant and eat portions that could easily feed 3. And if they don't  get that kind of portion, they leave a bad review on Yelp. Doesn't even matter what the food is, healthy or not, eat too much and most folks will put on weight. The relatively rare time that I eat out(or order in) these days a kids portion is plenty. Anything more and I eat a 1/4 of it, my wife eats a 1/4 of it and the rest is leftovers for a couple of days. I'm constantly astonished when I see people in restaurants, or on social media digging into massive plates of food.

23 hours ago, svberger said:

Portion sizes are out of control. Most adults eat like they work on a ranch/farm for 10-12 hours, when most end up leading sedentary lives, then go to whatever restaurant and eat portions that could easily feed 3. And if they don't  get that kind of portion, they leave a bad review on Yelp. Doesn't even matter what the food is, healthy or not, eat too much and most folks will put on weight. The relatively rare time that I eat out(or order in) these days a kids portion is plenty. Anything more and I eat a 1/4 of it, my wife eats a 1/4 of it and the rest is leftovers for a couple of days. I'm constantly astonished when I see people in restaurants, or on social media digging into massive plates of food.

This is very true.  We buy two meals at a restaurant and it lasts for at least two if not three meals. 

Nutrient density is also an issue.  If you eat cookies and bread you will not get full.  If you eat food that has some protein and nutrients you will get full. 

The meat that we get nowadays is white and has no flavor at all.  They grow it too fast.  We bought some label rouge chickens, skinny little things that weighed about one pound for a whole chicken.  They are natural chickens that eat bugs and other normal chicken diet items.  This little chicken will make you full so quickly.  We got three meals out of each one (for two people).  You just eat a little and you are full. 

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to have 3 proper healthy meals a day instead of being on a diet and secretly snacking all the bullshit I can find in our snack cupboard. If I want to lose some weight I follow 3000 calories a day diet https://betterme.world/articles/3000-calories-a-day/. I can still have normal meals and if I do it for two weeks in a raw I have back my perfect weight.

Edited by TommyBond

7 minutes ago, TommyBond said:

I prefer to have 3 proper healthy meals a day instead of being on a diet and secretly snacking all the bullshit I can find in our snack cupboard. 

You want to have a good diet, not be on a diet.  You need to be able to eat food that you enjoy or you will never stick to it.  Learn how to cook or you will never make it. 

The biggest problem now is that all ingredients are getting ruined.  We just had lunch and had fresh made pico de gallo and guacamole that we bought yesterday. You cannot even taste the onions, tomatoes, avocados or cilantro. 

I know that this is very selfish, but if these companies want to ruin processed food that comes in a pretty package, go ahead because people who eat that crap know it is garbage and I see them think it is funny that they will not eat anything healthy.  But they have now ruined fresh meat, fruit and vegetables.  We switched to cherry tomatoes a few years ago because regular tomatoes taste like a blob of water.  Now, even the cherry tomatoes are losing their flavor.  This is happening right before our eyes and very quickly.

• 3 months later...