The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
dtel's wife

ARE YOU ATTENDING 2019 PILGRIMAGE?

Don't trust them new fangled contraptions like GPSs and digital electronic crossovers. The guys that program them are evil:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

If I didn't have to go through Birmingham yeah.  The only place we missed our turns going and coming.......a night mare.

But they luv the guvneh.

57 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Yeah, everyone is already doing so much to pull it off, so that's why I suggested people printing their own. It is a good idea lol. 

It's a great idea. No martinis for those who don't.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, babadono said:

Don't trust them new fangled contraptions like GPSs and digital electronic crossovers. The guys that program them are evil:)

90+% of the time the GPSs are spot on. A few times I have ignored the b!tch in the box and was glad that I did.... Have to admit that, most of the time, if i do what the bishes say, I get to where I want to be a lot easier.  

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Just swing through Beaumont then.  You can pick up a slushie for the road and maybe try some decent bourbon.  I'll see if I can have your garage digs done by then.

=== now that there is a fine idea. Since Beaumont is on the way from Charlotte to Hope it makes perfect sense. And with that in mind a slushie or three should make finding Hope that much simple — . You only think you were lost going through Bham. 

13 hours ago, richieb said:

=== then consider this - don’t go through Birmingham? And watch your GPS closer? Just sayin’ —

When we drove through Birmingham every foot of pavement in that god forsaken town was torn up/under repair/or exits closed.  The kicker is you see no one working to finish construction. I had rather listen to rap then drive through there again.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

When we drove through Birmingham every foot of pavement in that god forsaken town was torn up/under repair/or exits closed.  The kicker is you see no one working to finish construction. I had rather listen to rap then drive through there again.

I lived there for 2 years.  Horrible roads and most of the vehicles didn't look safe for highway use.

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Take the bypass through Birmingham.  The bypasses were in good condition the last time we drove there and it's much easier and quicker than driving through Birmingham.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

Take the bypass through Birmingham. 

Yes, AROUND Birmingham, I think it's 459.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Of course if you can avoid Alabama altogether, all the better....

• Haha 1

Drove through Birmingham three times last year and I am wondering where you guys had all this trouble at. Did you do this during rush hour? Bad is Atlanta or Houston or Chicago. Updating the GPS at least once a year also helps.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Drove through Birmingham three times last year and I am wondering where you guys had all this trouble at. Did you do this during rush hour? Bad is Atlanta or Houston or Chicago. Updating the GPS at least once a year also helps.

Same here.  We've never had any problems travelling through or AROUND Birmingham!  

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Drove through Birmingham three times last year and I am wondering where you guys had all this trouble at.

Chuck probably couldn't find a place to take his afternoon nap.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Chuck probably couldn't find a place to take his afternoon nap.

=== odds are good he be found in the local mall, watching the mall walkers and dosing off in one of the “senior only” rocking chairs adjacent to Sunglasses Hut, Bulk Candy store and his favorite - Bath and Body Works. Or as he says - “heading to BBW” —

23 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== odds are good he be found in the local mall, watching the mall walkers and dosing off in one of the “senior only” rocking chairs adjacent to Sunglasses Hut, Bulk Candy store and his favorite - Bath and Body Works. Or as he says - “heading to BBW” —

Or feeding pigeons in the park.

20 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

90+% of the time the GPSs are spot on. A few times I have ignored the b!tch in the box and was glad that I did.... Have to admit that, most of the time, if i do what the bishes say, I get to where I want to be a lot easier.  

A few years ago we were in West Cincinnati visiting. Staying in a hotel in KY across the river and we asked the GPS for the best way back. So it shows us some really weird place to go with no bridges and it would save us a ton of time and avoid the trip back through downtown Cincy. We figured the GPS had gone insane but we decided to try it anyway. Get down to the river and there was a car ferry!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to be starting a new job in March, so despite best efforts I don't think I'll be able to carve out a long weekend. Maybe I'll try to slide in for a Saturday visit.. we'll see. ;)

4 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Going to be starting a new job in March, so despite best efforts I don't think I'll be able to carve out a long weekend. Maybe I'll try to slide in for a Saturday visit.. we'll see. ;)

Drive over Friday night!!!

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Possibly an option. I'll slide you some cash if it looks like I'll be able to pull that off.

Give the goats some extra chow and get your sorry azz over there for a few hours.

• Haha 1