The Klipsch Audio Community
dtel's wife

ARE YOU ATTENDING 2019 PILGRIMAGE?

On 4/2/2019 at 6:59 PM, dtel's wife said:

I will be updating Master Attendee List tonight or tomorrow in the am.  In the meantime.....

HEADS UP: Thursday's events are being held at the Paul W. Klipsch Education Center. There is no official address for this building. You will need to put "Hope Municipal Airport" into your map app, As you enter the airport property you will see the control tower/hangar off to your right. Please use the parking spaces in the tower/hangar parking lot, as parking is very limited in front of the Paul W. Klipsch Education Center. We will allow vendor/handicap parking ONLY in front of the Education Center. The Education Center is the two story brick building directly across from the hangar/tower parking lot.

Christy, not sure how you want to do it, but this info needs to be more visible to the forum.  I only happened on it by accident.  

38 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Christy, not sure how you want to do it, but this info needs to be more visible to the forum.  I only happened on it by accident.  

OK  I'll see what I can do!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

OK  I'll see what I can do!  Thank you!

I was wondering or reading between the lines.... is parking sparse enough that we need to carpool from Hotel row?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, babadono said:

I was wondering or reading between the lines.... is parking sparse enough that we need to carpool from Hotel row?

There is PLENTY of parking, that's why we are using the airport tower/hangar parking lot.  It's right across the street from The PWK Education Center and the road has no traffic.  The PWK Education Center only has about four to six parking spaces directly in front of the building.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:59 PM, dtel's wife said:

HEADS UP: Thursday's events are being held at the Paul W. Klipsch Education Center. There is no official address for this building. You will need to put "Hope Municipal Airport" into your map app, As you enter the airport property you will see the control tower/hangar off to your right. Please use the parking spaces in the tower/hangar parking lot, as parking is very limited in front of the Paul W. Klipsch Education Center. We will allow vendor/handicap parking ONLY in front of the Education Center. The Education Center is the two story brick building directly across from the hangar/tower parking lot.

I can just see it now....Locals seeing the build-up of vehicles in the tower parking area as they drive by on the way home from work...THEN, Cars parked on both sides of the Highway to Old Washington...with all the locals standing against the fence, wondering how long they have to wait for the 747 to land to pick all of us up!!  Too funny!!!😂

OK, Folks....time to PONY-UP!  This will be the largest Pilgrimage gathering YET, by FAR!!  It's gonna be CROWDED, and we can't leave it all up to the relative handful who have done the vast majority of ensuring it is a SUCCESSFUL event in past years, OK?   So I want some of you folks who are ready and willing, to lend a hand, and POSSIBLY arrive on TUESDAY evening, because there will still be lots of stuff to do on WEDNESDAY and even MORE to do on THURSDAY prior to the beginning events Thursday AFTERNOON/EVENING at the airport.  I have already let the "powers that be" know that I will be there on Tuesday evening and ready to do whatever on Wednesday All Day and Thursday!  And I sincerely plan to do my best to remain sober until the work is done, BELIEVE IT OR NOT! 😭 So, those of you who've been to this event before will understand how hectic things can be just finalizing things, and all the last minute effort required...BE A PART OF IT!  PLEASE!  Let Christy know if you can be there to help, and what you can do, along with your arrival time!  If you are driving and have the ability to help move stuff from one location to another because you are coming in a truck, or LARGE SUV, she needs to know that, ALSO!  SOME of you have already let her know about wanting to help out!  And all I am asking is that those who can help just let it be known, instead of saying afterwards, "well, I coulda been there early to help...but...."..Like my sorry arse has tended to do in the past!  I called the Super 8 this afternoon and added TUESDAY night to my room reservation, it really CAN BE that simple for some of you!  SO there it is....Lemme get off this soapbox before I fall and hurt myself...😉

Planning to drive over Friday afternoon/evening. Bringing beer and my camera, but the family and livestock are staying behind.

• Like 2

We will leave very early Thursday am and can’t wait to see friends old and new!   Drive safe everyone. 11 hrs each way for us! Prayers for everyone’s safety before during and after! 

Indyklipschfan.  

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 8:57 PM, oldtimer said:

I thought you wanted a goat signed by Roy...

I thought Roy was the GOAT.

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I thought Roy was the GOAT.

=== or - Roy was the GOAT’s (PWK) right hand man —?

Posted (edited)

. o O (ten more day's

one week to go.....

Edited by windashine

Is it too late to register / attend ?  

I am only able to attend Friday so do not need make arrangements for the other days activities.

Thank you

Not too late, but unfortunate there are no "day pass" options available. I think we should look at that.

Dave

12 minutes ago, szxz1z said:

Is it too late to register / attend ?  

I am only able to attend Friday so do not need make arrangements for the other days activities.

Thank you

See the P:M I sent you.  We can take care of this.

Christy

Anyone from Orlando coming to Hope? Would you be willing to pick up a speaker and bring it with you if you are?

On 4/25/2019 at 4:17 PM, Tarheel said:

IMG_5680.JPG

Well, 2 out of 3 made it this year. 

• Haha 1