Chili and Klipsch

Mallette

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, Mallette said:

Putting the paddles to this thread due to requests for a recipe made at Pilgrimage. Guess I'll need to make a bigger pot next year as it went REALLY fast. Anyway, details in the original post and also in the pdf attached. Take pictures and post your results. FYI, the chilies used at Pilgrimage were 1/3 cascavel, 1/3 arbol, and 1/3 New Mexico pods, all Bolner brand. I am a big fan of all Bolner Mexican and TexMex spices and peppers. Mix and match until you get the flavor that works for you. 

Orphan.pdf

• Like 1

• Moderators

Jimjimbo, dropped off the jars to Roy before we left town, he was at church but his son was home and he was told who they were from.

I did get to taste a spoonful of Dave's chili at the very end of the pot, just wanted a taste, it was good. 

I also tasted one of your pickles, I walked away thinking I really need to get some of those but realized I forgot on the way home and told my wife I wanted to but forgot. 

it was really good, if there were different kinds I don't know which I had but it was the best pickle I have ever had, great taste with a nice amount of heat and great flavor to make it about perfect. They would be a big hit in the stores I would think, but to much work, as you make now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Jimjimbo, dropped off the jars to Roy before we left town, he was at church but his son was home and he was told who they were from.

I did get to taste a spoonful of Dave's chili at the very end of the pot, just wanted a taste, it was good. 

I also tasted one of your pickles, I walked away thinking I really need to get some of those but realized I forgot on the way home and told my wife I wanted to but forgot. 

it was really good, if there were different kinds I don't know which I had but it was the best pickle I have ever had, great taste with a nice amount of heat and great flavor to make it about perfect. They would be a big hit in the stores I would think, but to much work, as you make now.

Thank you for doing that.  I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Thank you for doing that.  I really appreciate it.

Not as much as Roy will I'm sure.

He loves things like that and olives and different nuts, I think he would be happy with those as his main diet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Adulterated to stretch, and over the heat too long by then. Making a larger pot next year and will try to get it to you sooner.

Dave

You guys aren't right and I love it!  Hopefully next year I'll be bringing some hot bratwurst down for the grill.  Load 'em up w/oldtimers hot sauce and have at it!  I'mma thinkin you'll enjoy them!  Just too much happening here right now to even think about it although I was!  KNOW you all had a great time!

55 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

You guys aren't right and I love it!  Hopefully next year I'll be bringing some hot bratwurst down for the grill.  Load 'em up w/oldtimers hot sauce and have at it!  I'mma thinkin you'll enjoy them!  Just too much happening here right now to even think about it although I was!  KNOW you all had a great time!

Where in Ohio are you located?  At the Pilgrimage I was talking with others about the lack of representation in the Ohio, Western Pa. and Northern W.V. are that I do business in.  Just not a lot of Klipsch gear floating around here or if there is, not many of them on the forum.  I think I'll post something regarding that, as it would be nice for people to be able to travel locally and hear other gear and get to know some of the members.

• Thanks 1

just made this type of chili for my boy, it was good.... three types of dried chiles soaked boiled and pulverized, one poblano, a jalapeno, 2 minced onions, 5 cloves of garlic, paprika, smoked chilli powder, cumin, sugar, brown and white, apple cider vinegar, and ground sirlion and chuck, nice flavors......need to add some mesa! Thanks for the idea, i make many types of chili, this one is a keeper.....

1 hour ago, juniper said:

sugar, brown and white, apple cider vinegar

Gotta say that is WAY not Texas...but that doesn't make it no good. If it works for you, I am a happy man. Glad you adapted to something that works for you. Keep cookn' and Klipschn'!

Dave

• 2 years later...

Thanks For sharing.

"Met" Dave here, my brother and I have already talked about getting into that recipe when I bum a room from him for a few months starting in three weeks! 

Thought the recipe and especially his manner of approach to it needed to be brought to the forefront here. Even if only to get a glimpse of his nice mind-set.

Edited by JohnJ