LED floodlight

dtel

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

No snakes this time of the year, well moving around at least. But in the summer I usually catch or run off one at least once a month on the porch, I usually don't tell her.

If there is any way for you to make it just let me know.

You can bet I will. Just kidding but, would also use a flashlight as do not need any problem...take care meanwhile

Billy

Mother had a jug or two of water for her flowers out front near her flowers. Had a drought in N Fl. years ago and, a good sized rattler came up. Had been around the house already tuning a sat dish. Jist was I shot it while it was seeking water. Snakes can tell.

Moral is beware... besides

There was a light there hoping out the night situation...thanks

• Moderators

Could be why we see so many snakes, there is a garden pond 25' from the house plus out in the yard 9 ponds 20'x40' and a 1.5 acre pond in the middle of the yard plus 2 ponds along the back property line. All on 5.75 acres, alot of water, but can't complain we put all of the ponds. 

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

Could be why we see so many snakes, there is a garden pond 25' from the house plus out in the yard 9 ponds 20'x40' and a 1.5 acre pond in the middle of the yard plus 2 ponds along the back property line. All on 5.75 acres, alot of water, but can't complain we put all of the ponds. 

Well if you have a couple of hogs on patrol they will take care of the snakes.

JJK

• Moderators

But they also take care of gardens and almost everything else if they get enough time, they can tear up almost anything.

Snakes are easier to deal with and for over 20 years so far I have only seen 2 poisonous snakes on the property. It could be why they don't bother me, some are pretty big but they won't kill you, big difference. 

But the wife could care less, 1' garter snake or a 6' rat snake same thing same effect.