HELP! Sub won’t work

lunker05

I have a SW-110 sub and for some reason I can’t get it to work. I have a Onkyo receiver with two sub ports.  I used a double audio cable and have tried everything. It’s my understanding all I should have to do is connect the white to the white (LFE) of the sub and the other end of the white to either of the two subwoofer ports. I have tried both ports in the sub and both ports of the receiver. It is plugged in and switched to on.  Is it possibly my cable. Do I have to have a single cable. I figured even though it was a double audio cable if I used both ends of one it should work right. HELP!

IIRC, when I first hooked a sub to my Yamaha AVR, I had a similar issue. Yes, I did set the sub to “on”. But it was like there was still no output to the sub. It corrected itself after I turned the AVR off then back on. Then it recognized that there was a sub connected. Give it a try, couldn’t hurt. Make sure the Sub has power, and plugged directly into the outlet, at least that’s what I’ve heard from people who know more than I.