CF3's in Minnesota, Nice Price Too.

Shiva

18 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

congrats!  those look very nice.  can you post some pics of the ports or measure how deep they are?  curious what version they are based on the serial #?

The ports are 2.5" deep.  I'm not up on the versions but I believe these are v3 according to @mimalmo who looked at them yesterday.

17 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Congrats, mighty fine speakers you got there!

Thank you, I'm excited to get them set up :).  I had CF2's for years, sold them in 2016 but I regret it.  These will more than make up for that.

17 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Way to go Shaun, 👍 

Thanks!  These are keepers for sure :)

cool.  based on the serial # i saw in the ad they are v3.  just curious on the port size since i coundt really tell in the pics.  ive said many times before to not get too hung up on the version... all versions of these epics are excellent sounding speakers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Whoa,  that is an Epic spread of speakers.  I like the natural wood pair behind the Epics, nice!    What is the plan for the 4 CF3's ?.

Hah, I see what you did there :P

My current plan is to use the black CF3's as my mains, and either a single oak CF3 as a center or both of them as rears (in which case I'd use the KLF-C7 as the center).  My concern with using them in the rear is that the couches will block a good chunk of the output due to the MTM layout.

I'm probably better off using the C7 as the center and those KG4.5's for the rears.  That gives me an excuse to use the oak CF3's in my office :D

Oh and the speakers behind them are the Chorus I's from @Matthews.  I need to find a place for those too, but I haven't even finished unpacking so that might be a while.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 9:22 AM, Shiva said:

I would experiment with using an Epic for center channel duty, whether upright or on its side. Yeah, a 100 pound center, a killer front 3, I think.  👍 

I'm all for experimenting with that, but it does mean I'll have to reconfigure the cabinet setup for my gear.  time for some plywood and threaded rod!

20 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Good to see those Chorus again! I will be interested to hear your take on them compared to the CF3s. Shocked to see that the 3's are actually larger than the Chorus (knew the 4s were)!

Hope they aren't getting squeezed out!

Mookie!  Good to see you back here.  The Chorus are still alive and well, I was using them every day until about a week ago, but only with a sub as they don't move a whole lot of air on their own.  As far as my impressions, well I think the Chorus just aren't quite up to snuff when compared to these.  To be fair, Epic CF-2's were my first Klipsch speakers, bought them in 2013 and I still miss them but these CF-3's are even better.  I know I'm probably biased here, but the Epics outshine the Chorus in almost every way.  I still love the Chorus but they may end up getting squeezed out soon unless I can find a way to make them sound better :( 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shaun K said:

Mookie!  Good to see you back here.  The Chorus are still alive and well, I was using them every day until about a week ago, but only with a sub as they don't move a whole lot of air on their own.  As far as my impressions, well I think the Chorus just aren't quite up to snuff when compared to these.  To be fair, Epic CF-2's were my first Klipsch speakers, bought them in 2013 and I still miss them but these CF-3's are even better.  I know I'm probably biased here, but the Epics outshine the Chorus in almost every way.  I still love the Chorus but they may end up getting squeezed out soon unless I can find a way to make them sound better :( 

Never heard the Chorus describe as bass shy, but you do need to put some serious watts behind them to get them to really shine. I only heard those for a couple minutes, so never really got to know them, they did sound good though. Updates are available for the tweeter diaphragm and the x-over could use an upgrade it you want them to "sound better". BUT if you have a certain sound that does it for you with the CF series, go for it. It only matter what sounds good to you.

For me that sound it the LaScalas (or Belles). They just have the sound I love.

What ever you do, good luck and enjoy.

Mike