Purchasing Chorus ii or Cornwall ii???

mikefarmbarn

On 1/12/2019 at 6:34 PM, Marvel said:

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to convince the wife to run the khorns in our new house. Seems like the thread is split between Corn and Chorus. I'm slightly leaning towards the Chorus ii because of midrange horn. Here is the set nearby.

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 1.26.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 1.27.55 PM.png

Edited by mikefarmbarn

FYI, I tried working out a deal with that guy for his Chorus's. He wanted 1500 for them. Also, the grills are the brown grills, and have been exposed to sunlight, so they have that nice green glow to them.

This was also back in October. So he has had them sitting for quite a while. They are otherwise in great condition. I think they would sell easily for 1000.

Hes pretty high on the pricing for his KG4s too. Wanted like 500 for them.

1 hour ago, Gorm said:

FYI, I tried working out a deal with that guy for his Chorus's. He wanted 1500 for them. Also, the grills are the brown grills, and have been exposed to sunlight, so they have that nice green glow to them.

This was also back in October. So he has had them sitting for quite a while. They are otherwise in great condition. I think they would sell easily for 1000.

Hes pretty high on the pricing for his KG4s too. Wanted like 500 for them.

Thanks man. I wouldn't pay $1500 either. You obviously saw them in person? Did you have a chance to hear them?

I've owned both and that is about as tough a call as I can imagine.  When push came to shove for me though, I kept the Cornwalls and sold the Chorus II's.  The Chorus were just plain kick-***, but the Cornwalls, just had something that made me smile whenever I listened to them. Good luck whichever way you go. You win either way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dbomberger said:

I've owned both and that is about as tough a call as I can imagine.  When push came to shove for me though, I kept the Cornwalls and sold the Chorus II's.  The Chorus were just plain kick-***, but the Cornwalls, just had something that made me smile whenever I listened to them. Good luck whichever way you go. You win either way.

I have had multiples of Chorus I and II and Cornwall I and II here. Big plus for Cornwalls to me is the lack of a passive which means I can put them anywhere. Of the four the one I like the best is the Chorus I. Does not care where you place it since it is front ported and has better definition especially on bass where the Cornwall may go a bit deeper but sounds boxy to me. In all fairness I have never braced the motorboard inside the Cornwalls I have had to see if that would change my opinion of them. As they are stock from Klipsch my pick is the Chorus I. 

• Like 2