Good Witch or Dead Witch?

Mallette

Those who know me know that tech isn't my strong point. OTOH, I've been around long enough to at least look before giving something the toss. I have a Panasonic SA-XR 70 I really like. Thing went silent. That was quite a while back, but as I had other options I just stuck it back until I had a need to open and take a look. Here's what I found and want to know, if in the opinion of those who actually know a few things, if it's worth my while to replace the referenced capacitor. I realize that even if this is fried, it may have acted as a fuse from deeper issues beyond my abilities. OTOH, perhaps this is it. Fuse is fine, and power light shows red when powered, but nothing at all happens when you hit the power switch. This cap is very likely part of the power chain due to it's position. What do you think? Front and back of suspect cap, and shot of where I clipped it from, marked Z70. JK701 is mains power in.

Dave

cap2.png

cap3.png

cap1.png

No idea when it went south really or whether it was on a surge protector or not.  Appreciate the info, Bruce, and will see if I can locate the replacement and put it in. Not sure what part number is as there are three line, but can figure it out. 

Dave

Well, I assumed it was a cap. In my day, one needed a VTVM to check a cap. Don't have one now, and assume there are modern ways. But I think between Bruce's opinion and my own close up view of it as well fried and magic smoke gone it's worth 6 bucks delivered to replace. Beyond that, the thing goes to the street. Sad, but with techs now a thing of the past it's the way things are.

Dave