Oris 150 Horns. SOLD........SOLD..........SOLD

joessportster

No secret here. Simply Put these are the Oris 150 horn and my room is to small I have tried for weeks to integrate them to no avail. These dont come up all that often. I can ship but shipping will be expensive as the box is huge.  No drivers included in the price, though I may be able to assist with that. This is for the Royal Blue pair pictured

1200 OBO

Oris finished 1.PNG

• Like 1

yes, delay or coherence was not the issue, my room is small 13.5 by approx 15 , setting 7-8 feet away if you toed them in it was like a laser straight into the ear, straight out I was getting a lot of reflection from behind me and that was / is an area I can not do any sound damping or treatments (Kitchen) 

Oris sounded great and are quite easy to integrate with a bass system. Unfortunately the Room is another story 

At low levels you could listen for hours, But I have quite and extensive varied taste of music and when you want to turn things up it just was not possible without the aforementioned issues making it unbearable for me. Once something presents itself I can not un-hear it. I will always hear it and be annoyed by it making listening more of a chore than a joy. Add to that the CONSTANT tweaking in an effort to alleviate the issues..................I dont find that stuff fun 

I do appreciate the input though

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Hi Joe ... awesome ... trying, but don't think I can get these "past my wife" :D  Am I correct that they are about 31 inch in diameter?  How deep are they? 

Many thanks, Emile

Your wife should love these they are after all very pretty, my wife liked the appearance :) 

yes 31" in diameter and approx 18" deep including the back chamber

Avantgarde-esque.   Always liked that look on a horn. Heard some avantgardes year ago and thought they sounded incredible.   They were one of the smaller models as well.... Not the duo, but the model name has slipped my mind.  GLWS.  Been quite the journey for you.  Always trying something new.   I understand that.   

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Avantgarde-esque.   Always liked that look on a horn. Heard some avantgardes year ago and thought they sounded incredible.   They were one of the smaller models as well.... Not the duo, but the model name has slipped my mind.  GLWS.  Been quite the journey for you.  Always trying something new.   I understand that.   

Years ago when I had a full basement I put together a full horn system which included Oris Horns and the sound never leaves memory, My room now is only 1/4 that size and is lively (Drywall and hardwood) not Concrete as before. I changed some minds with that system. A friend sold his Avantgarde Omega Duo's after hearing the Oris. When Properly set up they are among the best horns available. Several members here are actively using them for a reason

My current room is simply to small to allow for proper integration, if you have enough of a room you will not be sorry you tried Oris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joe, agreed!  THE best sounding 2ch. system I have ever heard was a set of Oris 150 horns with AER drivers with a rather esoteric amp system.....just amazing.  That got me on the Oris hunt and I still have mine.  I do not have the AER drivers or similar high end drivers due to cost.  However, I'm working on that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emile said:

Thanks, Joe. Haha :D  Trying to convince her ... think I have a 25% chance :( 

=== say you bought them - for her - with the intention of using them as 🌺 pots for the new garden you’re planting - for her -. See, it’s all about “her”, your lovely wife. And if the garden thing doesn’t work you will Try to re-purpose them. Come on, think out of the 📦

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== say you bought them - for her - with the intention of using them as 🌺 pots for the new garden you’re planting - for her -. See, it’s all about “her”, your lovely wife. And if the garden thing doesn’t work you will Try to re-purpose them. Come on, think out of the 📦

I like the way you think :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I like the way you think :) 

=== just have to see the whole picture. Told my wife the Jube bass bins/wing supports were a shadow box for “her treasured nick nacks”.

The 402 - an 18 x 36 picture frame for photos of “her” grandchildren. She started weeping with that one - .

The best damn picture frame shadow boxes I’ve ever heard — 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, you take all of this my man, and she will insist on your purchase of those beloved horns...her idea, not even your own...what a romanticist you are my man. Brought a fleeting tear to my forlorn eye, besides, you can always resale, if that is on your future...:emotion-50:

• Haha 1

Any idea how these 150s would sound in 13 x 17 room which extends to 13 x 13 lounge?

Brick and concrete, no wood except doors and few shelves on the walls.

It is ratter long and narrow space, what could be isues here?

I auditioned a smaller Oris recently, was very pleasantly surprised by them. Bass integration seemed crucial.

• Like 1