Oris 150 Horns. SOLD........SOLD..........SOLD

joessportster

6 hours ago, parlophone1 said:

Any idea how these 150s would sound in 13 x 17 room which extends to 13 x 13 lounge?

Brick and concrete, no wood except doors and few shelves on the walls.

It is ratter long and narrow space, what could be isues here?

I auditioned a smaller Oris recently, was very pleasantly surprised by them. Bass integration seemed crucial.

That is about the same size room I have mine in. I think mine is 13X17 and I have them on the 13 foot wall. I love them. Sold my Khorns because of them.....well not really because, but I didn't have space/need for two sets of huge speakers. I never thought I'd sell my khorns when I got them. The soundstage and imaging on the 150s is fantastic.

If your 13X13 lounge is not on either side but behind I think you would be fine. I don't think they will sound fantastic once you out of the sweet spot but they will still sound nice. When I walk around my room I think they sound find off axis or different distances left/right or standing but when you sit down in the middle, watch out. They grab you. I've had 4 or 5 bass bin configurations. Lots of fun to play around with different configurations. If you are on the east coast and want to get rolling on a budget I'll help you out with Onken bass cabinets with 10" Vifa drivers. Fresh coat of paint super construction. Way to heavy to ship.

Yep the Cornman is up to his neck here in uncharted waters with the Oris horns . Had just gotten my Cornscallas all dialed in & bam . Had no plans to change speakers but the lure of the Oris was just too much to resist .

Thanks for the deal Joesporster.

• Like 2

Congratulations 👍.

I have one more question: how close (or far) Oris horns have to be placed to the wall behind them?

I have limited space and would like to place them as close as possible to the rear wall. But I can play within 3-4 feet front to back.

And that lounge of mine is not a straight extension to the room. It is 3 feet to the left of the main room.

How are the compared to Cornscalas?

Not sure if you were asking me, but here goes. I experimented quite a bit with placement and have spent much time working on room acoustics.  Actually, still working in improving LF absorption in the very low 80-120hz range. 

IMHO, the Oris need room to really sing. The fore and aft distance is not a crucial as side to side.  I would recommend giving them some breathing room behind, but plenty of people use them close to the back wall. Distance from the side walls is what you really need, unless you are willing to treat the side walls with good mf and hf absorption. 

Ideal thing to do is to use REW software (free) and an inexpensive calibrated mic and take various sweeps at the listening position as you try various placement.

Also, most people find that the Oris sound best when slightly toed in, but not firing directly at your ears.  Lot of that is driver dependent. If you visit Bert's site, bd-design.nl you can see lots of owner setups.