3x La Scala Needing Love

My APT 50 is from October of 2001 / Made in USA. Do you think that was made before they started making the bad ones offshore? Btw, the previous owner of my LS pair was a film sound pro, with a few big movie credits:

<https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385406/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr76>

Cathedral Guitars is the worlds leading maker of multi-string classical harp guitars, so let me know if you need a 7-, 8-, 10-,  or 11-string harp guitar!

Edited by Cathedral Guitar

8 hours ago, Cathedral Guitar said:

My APT 50 is from October of 2001 / Made in USA. Do you think that was made before they started making the bad ones offshore? Btw, the previous owner of my LS pair was a film sound pro, with a few big movie credits:

<https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385406/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr76>

Cathedral Guitars is the worlds leading maker of multi-string classical harp guitars, so let me know if you need a 7-, 8-, 10-,  or 11-string harp guitar!

I’m not certain of how the age or country of origin affect this,  but Bob Crites @BEC dislikes the APT 50s Eminence is now selling.  The style he prefers has the internal threads (lower photo) like those in the earlier photos of Bruce @Marvel.  The version with the external threads (upper photo) is the one that Bob and Claude @ClaudeJ1 have tested and found lacking.  Unfortunately, mine have external threads, I hope yours do not.

23D8C2AD-ADD8-474A-9CA6-CF022EB21420.jpeg

EE64E964-2A63-4117-984D-E8BD848712DC.jpeg

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I’m not certain of how the age or country of origin affect this,  but Bob Crites @BEC dislikes the APT 50s Eminence is now selling.  The style he prefers has the internal threads (lower photo) like those in the earlier photos of Bruce @Marvel.  The version with the external threads (upper photo) is the one that Bob and Claude @ClaudeJ1 have tested and found lacking.  Unfortunately, mine have external threads, I hope yours do not.

I used a pair of Bob's CT-125's in my second pair of Super Heresy's (#3 and 4 of 5) while the original pair, owned by Jim Jimbo, used the CT-120 driver. Bob's version measured flat and sounded good. I also used a pair in LaScalas I refurbished about 11 years ago. The 4 I got from Parts Express were NOT good..........totally horrible curves and sound, so I sent them back. End of my story.