Klipsch Heresy Industrial HI-SM

Felix Mora Jr

I would just issue in a terminal window:

convert -resize 30% whatever.jpg whatever_sm.jpg [enter]

Realizing most don't have the Imagemagick toolkit installed, and without installing any new software on your computer, you could always just text the image to yourself on your phone.  Most usually the images get resized smaller for that on the phone.  Certainly at least there's an option to do so.

While the same design and layout, the HIE crossover has a different squawker high-pass cap (8 uF) and apparently a different woofer low-pass inductor (4 mH?).  Yours with a Type AA should be  changed to protect the squawker driver from frequencies below its horn's cut-off frequency (~700 Hz).  I haven't seen a Type AA-H, but it is surely almost the same as the HIE. 

On February 5, 2019 at 3:35 PM, JohnA said:

While the same design and layout, the HIE crossover has a different squawker high-pass cap (8 uF) and apparently a different woofer low-pass inductor (4 mH?).  Yours with a Type AA should be  changed to protect the squawker driver from frequencies below its horn's cut-off frequency (~700 Hz).  I haven't seen a Type AA-H, but it is surely almost the same as the HIE. 

Are you talkin' to me?  If so, thanks for the warning, but not to worry,  as these are converted to "Supers," they'll get new networks.  With Crites D120s and that EV woofer, they should be . . . super.   As mentioned before, I will port the rear panels and fabricate foam plugs to close the round rear ports and/or the front slot ports, to compare the several possible configurations.

I can't swear the AAs shown were original to these HIPs, but they appear to be.  I haven't reverse engineered them to confirm they're AAs in fact, not just by name.  Between us kids, Klipsch has been known to fly by the seat of its pants at times.

904640E3-7BE6-4FFD-807D-5F6A3CC45411.thumb.jpeg.2c9fecac9a1d01759d6cb9571195c0a3.jpeg

J.jpg.1021931237cd35942a231e2dc917f7e4.jpg.