harbeth c7es3 vs 26 year old Klipsch KG 5.2

Kidd

21 hours ago, glens said:

That link doesn't do anything for non-facebook-members.  What's it supposed to show?

Its a pair of 1500 dollar LaScalas foe sale in FB market place on the Klipsch forum on FB. Since your a member here you can join Steven and Cory's Klipsch site there. Also order from Cory who is a dealer. You can also call Cory he is a Klipsch dealer with pretty good buys. metropolislakeoutfitters

Just now, Kidd said:

Well , I did it , ordered a pair of Forte 3 from Cory  , walnut of course

Oh my , what have I done ?😟            😊

You did something great. I have demoed forte III speakers many times at a dealer near me, just don't have the room for another permanent pair of speakers. I can't wait for you to A+B them against the kg5.2 speakers. Please keep us up to date! 

2 hours ago, dtr20 said:

You did something great. I have demoed forte III speakers many times at a dealer near me, just don't have the room for another permanent pair of speakers. I can't wait for you to A+B them against the kg5.2 speakers. Please keep us up to date! 

I am holding YOU responsible , I have it all in writing

☺️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kidd said:

Well , I need to up grade power source , thinking of Primaluna  pro something  'er other

if you got the bank call Cory again and get parasound. I wonder how many sales I helped Cory with ??? I would love a LaScala poster Cory ?????? 

My Kg5.2's sound sooo good as I sit here and listen to  jazz via Pandora , Acoustic  Alchemy  station 

Sam Bush station is good , too.

Could not pass up the Fortes , considering price , I can sell them for the same and maybe more , if I wanted 

if you want to have an upgrade you should get some new crossover caps from Bob Crites and a set of his titanium tweeter diaphragms (the very best available) your KG5.2 will sound amazing. If that gets you going you can continue on down the rabbit hole of upgrades and be a very happy camper. When you are done with your KG5.2 you can find a pair of KLF20 or KLF30 and start all over again then you can look into the CF3 and the CF4. That should keep you busy for a long time.

I just read the full thread and see you have made a new purchase of Forte lll. You may find that you are a two way kind of guy. The two way is different from a three way. If you find the KG5.2 is still doing more of what yo like then you should look toward a set of Cf3 or CF4 these are three driver two ways and hey may be what you are after. Or you may fall in love with the Forte lll only time will tell. The KG5.2 is a good two way but it is not a fine two way. the fewer components you use in a loudspeaker the better they must be to reproduce the full spectrum of sound. A good two way will cost more to build than a good three way will. Finding a suitable compression driver for a good two way is very difficult these days as they are very expensive and no longer in demand. The EV DH1A is a superb choice for a tour de force driver now used and at a serous discount. The DH1A is a SOTA monster 3 inch ti diaphragm 2" exit compression driver. They can be found used for under $100 usd and brand new diaphragms are available so you can make them new again if needed they are built like tanks. here is the data sheet for the 16 ohm version you can get 8 ohm diaphragms as well. https://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/17291-DH1ASpecSheets.pdf

Is there a thread showing members  set up , audio set up , speakers , shelf/rack for equipment and so on??

Thread where members are posting photos of their  rooms with audio  stuff??

I want to see

Kidd in Sedona Az