harbeth c7es3 vs 26 year old Klipsch KG 5.2

Kidd

I really love my KG 5.5's.

I've recently built a SEOS based design with Faital Pro 12" woofers. I've been listening to these for a few months and I've just swapped the KG's back into my system now and wow! Amazing! Chest rattling bass feels so good.

I imagine the 5.2's sound just as great, perhaps just a tad less efficient. I assume might also benefit from some taming of the tweeter as described in my write up about this?

I still struggle with the concept of “better” components, I have begun to become more of a subjectivist, what sounds good to me is “better”.  In my room, with my music, with my ancillary components my “better” speakers were my Klipschorns, that is why they remain in my system.  Are there better speakers out there? In my years of amp, preamp and speaker shoot outs with friends and acquaintances, I found I like the way heritage horns sounded more than cone speakers or panel speakers, so I stayed with them.  I have heard great music played on other systems, but my components were selected over the years to play my music the way I like it to sound. So... Are harbeth better than your Klipsch? If they sound better to you, than yes, if not, no.  IMHO, YMMV, etc, etc.  Enjoy the music!  Tony

On 2/3/2019 at 12:28 AM, Maz4bz said:

I really love my KG 5.5's.

I've recently built a SEOS based design with Faital Pro 12" woofers. I've been listening to these for a few months and I've just swapped the KG's back into my system now and wow! Amazing! Chest rattling bass feels so good.

I imagine the 5.2's sound just as great, perhaps just a tad less efficient. I assume might also benefit from some taming of the tweeter as described in my write up about this?

My 5.2 KG , side by side , a&b speaker selections with my Forte 3 , well , the Forte is a more complete sound , more detail , more sounds represented .

The KG5.2 are a lot less efficient , I think you'd call it a lot . It's quite noticeable when seated in front of them 

There's a gent on the  Steve Hoffman forum , stating he  went back to his SS amp because he did not like the way the  tube  amp he bought sounded .

Makes me think  I need to try a much cheaper amp before I invest in something like a Primaluna , or , at least buy used so I can sell for  the same price if it is not a noticeable enough upgraded sound .

Would that not be terrible if I did not notice much difference .

Anyone want to sell me a tube amp ??

Edited by Kidd