I need the Volume of the Klipschon Bass Bin opening

Ho_Leung

I need the volume from the math.  of the mouth of the expansion wave... thusly creating a quarter wave....  for  Klipschorns.    I need  Total volume of the mouth opening ... which is right opening plus left opening size =  a Volume...       something   please someone help me with this This is history in the making klipsch 

So despite the fact that measurements are given in metric, the actual target dimensions are round Imperial numbers IMHO.  You'll see that the area is 4.00 square feet.  

Similarly, the 0.464 square meters for the Jubilee mouth  equates to 5.00 square feet. 

There is some round off error out at the fourth decimal place.

I've always estimated the mouth of the LaScala as 4.0 square feet and therefore the K-Horn and LaScala have the same mouth area.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WMcD said:

I've always estimated the mouth of the LaScala as 4.0 square feet and therefore the K-Horn and LaScala have the same mouth area.

But being a longer horn and placed in corners the K-Horn has a lower horn cutoff.

With changing the mouth opening to the Front of the Klipschorn cabinet, I resolved a feedback issue.  Which turned out to be the lowest note I have ever heard.  This seems to transform the khorns into    MONSTERS    madness;  Details  and information that will change you version of reality for ever.  .......     under no circumstances  should you EVER try this configuration .    Don't do it.  

20190110_080947.jpg

20190110_081101.jpg

20190110_081452.jpg

• 3 weeks later...