Value of an odd Heresy pair: Mission Accomplished!!

Oicu812

The original owner purchased this pair of “export” Heresy, with labels denoting the model as Heresy E.  According to the guy, he bought them at the Army Exchange in Germany circa 1977.  They are HWO, with an ‘R’ for the date letter.  I’ve only seen two small photos, but they look super clean.

The badges look like these:  https://www.ebay.ca/itm/KLIPSCH-LASER-BADGES-EMBLEMS-PAIR-KLIPSCHORN-LASCALA-CORNWALL-SPEAKERS-VINTAGE/192781246822?hash=item2ce2a86166:g:RK8AAOSwBMpcCUDY

The asking price $380.  Are they a good deal?  I think I should jump on them...  

@Oicu812

Original laser badges alone run $80-100 per set (ish), that is, when you can find them.

Knock offs &/or re-pops are available for less, but yes, follow @jimjimbo recommendation (if) their condition is as stated.

What else can you buy new, that will perform at that level, with nice presentable cabinets for less than $400 / pair?

8 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@Oicu812

Original laser badges alone run $80-100 per set (ish), that is, when you can find them.

Knock offs &/or re-pops are available for less, but yes, follow @jimjimbo recommendation their condition is as stated.

What else can you buy new, that will perform at that level, with nice presentable cabinets for less than $400 / pair?

I will definitely pick them up, and post pics once I have them...

@jimjimbo   @Arrow#422  Mission accomplished.   They will need a little cleaning up, rebuild the crossovers, a little tung oil, etc.  The original owner confirmed that he bought these in Germany, the first thing his wife and he purchased for their new digs in country.

@wvu80 Can you add this to your price tracking spreadsheet?

Jim, I think these qualify for super clean status (provided you overlook the small amount of cat fur in the grilles...)

IMG-1093.png

IMG-1094.png
IMG-1095.png
IMG-1097.png
IMG-1100.png
IMG-1101.png
IMG-1099.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

@wvu80 Can you add this to your price tracking spreadsheet?

Done!  Thanks for the confirmed price.  Those are really rare, the only pair with E  on them I've ever seen.  They are super nice looking as well, I think you did good.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

congrats to the OP

there is really nothing rare to me about a set of 77 Heresys in Walnut Oil. i've seen plenty of them over the last 25 years with the E label

if they were Brazillion Rosewood Laquer- Mahogany - Teak - Rosewood or even Cherry now that would be rare

if you don't know     the J and C stamped into the wood on the back are the first initials of the names of the 2 people who built them

9 hours ago, Budman said:

congrats to the OP

there is really nothing rare to me about a set of 77 Heresys in Walnut Oil. i've seen plenty of them over the last 25 years with the E label

if they were Brazillion Rosewood Laquer- Mahogany - Teak - Rosewood or even Cherry now that would be rare

if you don't know     the J and C stamped into the wood on the back are the first initials of the names of the 2 people who built them

Is there a list of builders and their initials?  I would be interested in finding out who actually put this set together...