Looking For A Grounded Grid Preamp

tlarwa

I've got it in my head to give this preamp a try with my single-ended KT66 amp.  I'm close to pulling the trigger on a kit from Bruce (@TS) and building one myself, but thought I'd see if anyone has one they'd let go first.  There's a couple mods I'd likely do to the stock unit out of the gate, but those could be done on a built unit as well.  Anyway, let me know if you have one not being used that you'd consider letting go and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Tom

This Gon add has expired but did not sale but you can still contact the seller-

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tube-transcendent-sound-grounded-grid-2017-12-28-

Here is another expired add but if you notice he has other items for sale so you should be able to contact them -

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649384102-transcendent-sound-grounded-grid-tube-stereo-preamp-with-upgrades-giant-killer-vgc/

Thanks ... I've been watching all the boards, and a lot of them have been cross-posted.  They've all sold from what I can tell, but all the forums haven't been updated.  I'll keep watching up to the point I place an order for my own kit!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bluesboy said:

If you are still looking I have a grounded grid pre amp that I would let go for a reasonable price. If interested send me a PM.

Thanks, but I ended up buying a kit.  Just waiting for my Front Panel Express custom faceplate to arrive and I'll be able to finish it up.  It's been a fun build, and I was able to change out a few things to my liking.  I'm glad I decided to go with my own build!  But I'm sure you won't have any issues finding a buyer ....

On 1/31/2019 at 1:51 PM, tlarwa said:

Thanks, but I ended up buying a kit.  Just waiting for my Front Panel Express custom faceplate to arrive and I'll be able to finish it up.  It's been a fun build, and I was able to change out a few things to my liking.  I'm glad I decided to go with my own build!  But I'm sure you won't have any issues finding a buyer ....

Would love to hear your review of this preamp. Almost ordered one in the past but, never did because I wanted a phono stage.

8 minutes ago, Madman1 said:

Would love to hear your review of this preamp. Almost ordered one in the past but, never did because I wanted a phono stage.

I’ll be sure to post one once it’s up and running.  Hopefully later this week.  I am making a few upgrades ... different coupling caps, Goldpoint selector switch and Goldpoint dual mono attenuators, that I think will make a difference.  Plus, the custom faceplate (black) will look a lot better than stock!  More to come...

• Like 1