Psvane vs Gold Lion KT88

mopardave

They're constructed differently... the ones in that photo are the lower level units. I would say, still run them and get used to the sound.

These are the natures:

44072664062_b62ef327ae_k.jpg

Personally, I've never had much luck with gold lion. There are so many variants and knock offs around who know what you are getting.

16 minutes ago, Schu said:

They're constructed differently... the ones in that photo are the lower level units. I would say, still run them and get used to the sound.

These are the natures:

44072664062_b62ef327ae_k.jpg

Personally, I've never had much luck with gold lion. There are so many variants and knock offs around who know what you are getting.

Are those VRD's from Craig your running?      Don't seem to be much available in the 6h8c or the 5z3pat tube.  I'll run them awhile before I switch.  Gonna order from UpScale Audio.  Seems like an upscale guy, no pun intended.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 3:57 PM, mopardave said:

Are those VRD's from Craig your running?      Don't seem to be much available in the 6h8c or the 5z3pat tube.  I'll run them awhile before I switch.  Gonna order from UpScale Audio.  Seems like an upscale guy, no pun intended.

Upscale is a great place for tubes. You get what you pay for. I would run the amp for a couple of hundred hours and then roll tubes. The 6h8c is a 6SN7 equivalent and the 5z3p a 5U4G.