Klipsch KPT-456 SOLD

rockhound

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been following the thread since early on and just finally listened to the video (afraid to before). Excellent. Enjoyed the video even on my laptop. Thanks for that. I've paid more for cowboy boots than that. If not for health issues I would have bought these early on. No s**t. Congrats Mopardamo.

Keith

• Like 1

Got home about 1 am on a Saturday and neighbor across street was still up with a friend.  Free moving help for me and of course they wanted to get em rocking right then.  Just hooked up bass cab and they weren't too impressed.  They went back home to finish drinking. lol  Got em hooked up Sunday and they definitely rock.  Did some adjusting on the preamp and rocked more.  Daughter was in town so we had some fun for a few hours in the evening.  Been busy ever since and am itching to get them going again.  

Rockhound was super and we had a good time the short bit for our visit.

T2K thank you!

Dave A, think i'll be skipping the Cornwalls and put the money towards a garage with theatre room. lol

Thank you rockhound!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Awesome :D  I should have gotten them :(  but just NO room left. (Have a pair of 904's.)

Have fun with them! :) 

Well the last pair from all those from Tim's is sitting right here in my shop but you have to be quick. Three of the four sets are gone and the last one won't be here long. I wish I had twenty sets of these things as they are the easiest selling speakers I have ever handled. Seven sets in all gone and the eighth soon to follow and no quibbles about prices.

3 hours ago, Mopardamo said:

Got home about 1 am on a Saturday and neighbor across street was still up with a friend.  Free moving help for me and of course they wanted to get em rocking right then.  Just hooked up bass cab and they weren't too impressed.  They went back home to finish drinking. lol  Got em hooked up Sunday and they definitely rock.  Did some adjusting on the preamp and rocked more.  Daughter was in town so we had some fun for a few hours in the evening.  Been busy ever since and am itching to get them going again.  

Rockhound was super and we had a good time the short bit for our visit.

T2K thank you!

Dave A, think i'll be skipping the Cornwalls and put the money towards a garage with theatre room. lol

Thank you rockhound!

These speakers are a different animal. You listen to the horns by themselves and think meh. You listen to the bass bins and the same thing. You get all the stuff hooked up and set in a good position and it is a different world. Make sure your music files are good ones because if they are not you have no idea how good these will sound. Audacity is your friend and you need to learn to use it. I make a point of showing people the before and after results with Audacity when they come to buy. I used to hear "well they sounded better at your place than they do here" until I showed people exactly how I got to the sound they heard here. A simple free program and it makes such a difference.

• Haha 1

I've downloaded Audacity but have yet to use it.  Sounds like I need to get right on it.  My daughter plays the double bass in orchestra and has a good ear for sound.  We know what you mean about playing a good source.  Several we just had to turn off due to poor engineering/recording/converting or whatever it was.  I feel lucky to own a set of 456's.  Thanks for the advice about Audacity.  Where are folks getting quality music and movie files for a competitive price?

Edited by Mopardamo