Heresy III’s on the way!

Bonzo

There I was, just minding my own business when an old friend of mine gave me a call.  He asked if I wanted a new pair H III’s, A stock in walnut finish, for dealer cost? He knows a long time Klipsch dealer who offered them to him. I don’t know the whole story but my friend passed on and offered them to me. Of course I could not refuse the opportunity. So, if all goes as planned, I should have them next week. I have been wanting to at least hear a pair but it hasn’t happened as yet. So, my first opportunity will be to hear my own pair. It’s not that I don’t have experience with Heresy I’s and II’s, I do. I had a pair of decorator I’s about two years ago and really liked them. A friend of mine talked me out of them and uses them in his bedroom system. I can’t wait to hook them up to the VRD’s! I will be sure to post pictures and share my thoughts. Thanks

• Like 5

Thanks guys, before that phone call I would have not considered them mainly due to cost. The planets just aligned as I recently sold a couple of items and had some toy money which I was going to use for a pre-amp. I guess the pre-amp will have to wait......

• Moderators

Congratulations, it's hard to pass up a price like that on such a good speaker. 

2 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

Always thought of them as the little speaker that could play way above its size.

Exactly what I think, for all 3 versions, hard to beat for the size.

Currently, I have a battle scared Yamaha C-80. I say battle scared because it's missing some plastic here and there like the top piece on top of the buttons, the top plate doesn't fit right, has had some work done to it in the past before I had it and needed the balance and parametric EQ pots cleaned. It's not much to look at but works and sounds great, especially the phono section. 

Found my excellent condition Heresy IIs for $100 last year.  Obviously couldn't pass that up.

I changed the mids and tweets to titanium and am having the crossovers rebuilt at the end of next week.

It would be interesting to do an A/B comparison with a set of IIIs.

• 2 months later...

So, due to some snafu's along the way of this journey, I finally got my Heresy III's! They were ordered on Jan. 18th and I thought they were already built at that time but that was not the case. They were well worth the wait. Even though my system has changed drastically since they were ordered, including some 78 Heresy I's but that's another story, I am so far very pleased. Lots more listening to do in the coming days. Here's a couple pics.

Heresy III, 1.jpg

Heresy III, 2.jpg

Heresy III, boxes.jpg

• Like 3