Heresy III’s on the way!

Bonzo

Well, my friend suggested I keep all four, find some Heresy II's and we could call my place, "Mark's House of Heresy!" Somehow I don't think my wife would approve. I really don't know if I will keep all four, at least in the long term. Today I'm going to remove the risers on the III's and place them on some sturdy 18" tall end tables. See how getting the horns more at ear level works out. I actually prefer the Heresy I's on the funky acrylic 8" stands than on the tables. 

OK, first rant, why are there holes drilled into the bottom of my new speakers??? So I knew going in the risers are screwed to the bottom of the cabinets from the factory. I guess it's because everyone one who buys these $2K speakers are going to leave them on so they don't mind holes, right! Why couldn't they leave that decision to the consumer instead of arbitrarily screwing them onto every speaker? Rant over

Heresy III holes.jpg

I agree, but let the new owner have the option to put them on or not. Or, maybe some nice inserts in the bottom of the cabinets with bolts to attach them, or not. Then you could have the option to bolt on the speakers and provide bolts bumpers on the bolts. Kind of like a lot of companies do with floor standers, carpet spikes or bolts with rubber. Or, just screw four wood screws into the cabinet!

Getting them up off the floor really improved the depth and width of the soundstage and improved the overall clarity of the music. The upper frequencies are definitely more defined at ear level which is not surprising to me. So far, I am very pleased with the H III’s.

212C78B0-54E0-49B8-9BFD-415EF10D2D28.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

You are going to LOVE them.   Just my biased prediction of course after owning a pair myself.   They killed it for the price on those speakers.   A shootout with other new speakers in the price range wouldn't be fair me thinks.... Congrats 

+ 1 I like mine. 😎

I did a bit of an A/B with the I’s and the III’s today using my trusty Marantz 2238b. I have to say, I was expecting a bit of a no comparison moment. But, in the words of Lee Corso, “Not so fast my friend!” The 41 year old veteran  H I’s can hold their own against the punk a** kids! I mostly listened to jazz guitar, Earl Klugh, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour and George Benson. At times, I found myself liking the more laid back, worn in presentation of the absolutely stock H I’s. The H III’s seem more accurate with tighter bass and more detailed high end. I was expecting more from the III’s but just not that “ah ha” moment I wanted. I am going to give them more time to break in before I do a real critical listening session. It does beg the question, what if I throw a bunch of money and “upgrades” at the original Heresy’s???

On 3/27/2019 at 11:19 PM, Bonzo said:

I did a bit of an A/B with the I’s and the III’s today using my trusty Marantz 2238b. I have to say, I was expecting a bit of a no comparison moment. But, in the words of Lee Corso, “Not so fast my friend!” The 41 year old veteran  H I’s can hold their own against the punk a** kids! I mostly listened to jazz guitar, Earl Klugh, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour and George Benson. At times, I found myself liking the more laid back, worn in presentation of the absolutely stock H I’s. The H III’s seem more accurate with tighter bass and more detailed high end. I was expecting more from the III’s but just not that “ah ha” moment I wanted. I am going to give them more time to break in before I do a real critical listening session. It does beg the question, what if I throw a bunch of money and “upgrades” at the original Heresy’s???

The originals are undisputed imo.