Home Theater Advice

SDoutdoorsman

I am in the process of making a home theater. The room is 24 ft long by 15 ft wide and 8 ft ceiling, I am looking at Klipsch speakers and would live advice as to what size klipsch speakers and if the reference premier line is significantly better or if the reference line is still quality and a way to save a few bucks? I am open to also getting good quality front speakers and paying the price and just running a 3.1 system that I can add onto later as cash allows. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Definitely go with the Reference Premiere line.  Worth it for better sound and better appearance.

Put most of your money in your front three speakers.  You can always go with used surrounds from previous Reference generations to save some money.  They don't have to be exactly matched to your fronts.

It sounds like you are going about this the right/least expensive way. It is much better to build a system, as budget allows than it is just to compromise on your selections to try and squeeze it all in at once.

I have owned quite a few Klipsch RP speakers and they definitely punch above their price point. 

Undoubtedly, members here will tell you that your system isn’t good until you have all Klipsch Heritage speakers and subwoofers the sizes of couches but if you build a RP home theater 7.2 home theater, you will have better home sound than 99% of the population. Chasing after the last 1% is where this hobby becomes an obsession.

When it comes to size of speakers, I would probably start with the 6” woofer RP speakers. This seems to be a sweet spot in the lineup but I will warn you, the center with 4 6” woofers is a chunk of change. If you can fit a matching speaker, to your L/R speakers, this is ideal. The problem is that most don’t have room in their stand for this option. 

Your room is fairly large so I would go with dual 15” subwoofers. You can save a ton on money on subwoofers by going the flat-pack method. I am getting ready to order a couple 15” Parts Express Ultimax flat packs, if I remember correctly, I think the total in my cart was under $700. Just add an amp and you will have about $1,000 invested in subwoofers that beat subs from brands like HSU, SVS, Rythmik, PSA that would end up costing $2,000 +. 

My advise to you is to put more of your budget into the front 3 speakers and subwoofers, than you are probably thinking. 

Welcome BTW! 

Thanks for all the advice, I will have to check out that subwoofer option, I had a reasonably priced 7.1 system but had Klipsch R-280F and RB-61 II's since they were at discounted prices, After your guys advice ill probably end up dropping those and getting the newest model. Speaking of models I have a question about that as well. Klipsch's line is a little confusing since i am new to all this. Whats the difference between the RP-6000F and the RP-260F? is one just and older model?