K53ti for Heresy II, changing crossover

simon

Hello, 

I have a pair of Heresy II, bought used and paid very few money. Here in Italy usually they are expensive, also 1987 speakers, I was lucky!

They sound quite good, but a woofer need to be repaired, and one midrange sometimes makes some distortion. 

I found that K53ti can be used in Heresy II, but it is raccomended to add a pass band filter. Is a good choice the ti midrange in Heresy II?

What a pass band filter is? I’m learning things about crossovers, but I’m not used to electronic. I’d like to know wich type of filter I need, where I can buy these filter and how to change the crossover. 

I know these are a lot of questions... I’m sorry

thanks

Simone

Welcome!

It is very easy to change to titanium.  I have them in my Heresy II speakers also.  I did not change anything in the crossover.  I think they sound wonderful.

Before you change them I would take out the midrange that has the distorted sound and put it in the other speaker.  It could be something in the crossover causing the distorted sound and not the midrange itself.

If you send a message to member BEC he should be able to help you with the filter information.

Ciao!

28 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Welcome!

It is very easy to change to titanium.  I have them in my Heresy II speakers also.  I did not change anything in the crossover.  I think they sound wonderful.

Before you change them I would take out the midrange that has the distorted sound and put it in the other speaker.  It could be something in the crossover causing the distorted sound and not the midrange itself.

If you send a message to member BEC he should be able to help you with the filter information.

Ciao!

Thank you very much! For informations and for the “welcome”!

Ciao!