CL: Klipsch Quartet speakers - $600 (Stuart) FL

Alexander

11 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Maybe I am wronge and the price is in the ballpark. Been a while since I had a pair

Yeh, I've never had Quartets myself, but I've seen respectable folks compare them favorably to Cornwalls.  If they were Walnut and closer, I'd probably try to buy them at that price.  Don't tell my wife.  I was supposed to give up speakers as a new year resolution.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Godataloss said:

Yeh, I've never had Quartets myself, but I've seen respectable folks compare them favorably to Cornwalls.  If they were Walnut and closer, I'd probably try to buy them at that price.  Don't tell my wife.  I was supposed to give up speakers as a new year resolution.

Are you by chance mistaken these Quartet's for Chorus I/II speakers? The Quartet's are the smallest of that series with the forte next and finally the Chorus being the top of that line. The Chorus was the replacement for the Cornwall speaker of that period.

I'm not in FL or anywhere close, but curiously looked at this ad. The pics seem a bit strange, and a reverse image search on Google shows the pic used in the ad in numerous other ads/sites. I'd proceed with caution on this one. Not saying don't look into if you're interested, but if someone doesn't post actual pictures in their ad (especially in this day and age), I'd be suspect.

31 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Are you by chance mistaken these Quartet's for Chorus I/II speakers? The Quartet's are the smallest of that series with the forte next and finally the Chorus being the top of that line. The Chorus was the replacement for the Cornwall speaker of that period.

Yep.  You're right.  I thought the woofer looked like a 12.

1 hour ago, Godataloss said:

=== “I know Cornwall’s Mr. Quartet and you Sir are no Cornwall” — 

• Haha 1

I've had 2 pair of quartets. They are kinda the perfect speaker if you can't convince your other half on fortes or chorus speakers. For some reason, quartets hold their value. Prices are usually comparable to forte II speakers. $500-600 is in the ballpark for eBay prices.

• 1 month later...