Sold: Acoustic Research AU integrated amp and tuner

Bonzo

I have the "legendary" AR integrated amp and matching tuner I am parting with. I have been sitting on them for some time waiting for the day I will have them restored. Sadly, it's just not going to happen and I am in need of a new pre-amp. The amp is in very good condition cosmetically and it does work. There are some popping and crackling noises when powered on/off but it works. Naturally, it will need some restoration so it is being sold as is.The top plate has a kind of sticky feel to it, possibly the original owner was a smoker? Other than that, it is very clean. No wood case for the amp. 

The tuner has a wood case but it's not in the best condition. The chassis is actually pretty nice. I get poor FM reception in my house as a rule. The radiant heat shields in my attic play hell with radio reception. That said, it does bring in stronger signals OK. It likely needs alignment as well. It is also being sold as is.

I would like to get $400 for both plus shipping from Redding, CA 96002. Local pickup is always welcome and I can be convinced to travel a bit. I do go to the Sacramento and SF Bay Area on occasion. Oh, Southern Oregon as well. I will try to get some good pictures. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks

AR amp, 1.jpg

AR amp, 7.jpg

AR amp, 5.jpg

AR amp, 6.jpg