Winter Storm Harper

Ceptorman

18 hours ago, jason str said:

Our snow thrower needs a new needle and seat and the parts are no longer available. :(

At my house, I am the snow thrower. 

+++

I had not heard about this storm.  Thanks for the heads-up. 

Usually it doesn't matter to me because no matter what the weather is I have to go out in it anyway.  I have to admit though, in my later years although I can go out in bad weather I've finally figured out there is no percentage in doing so.  Now I just hit the grocery store early, stay indoors and wait for a better day.

Edit:  I just saw on the Weather Channel and I am just south of the heavy storm predictions.  I can look for 1-3 inches of snow this weekend.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

those tires sucked..had them on my

84 sunbird.. 30 year's ago

I like the firestone winterforce

I had 4 of them (mohawks) on my 1979 Corvette. The Corvette frame rotted out and broke in half 8 years later.

JJK

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave A said:

That comes with typhoon insurance right?

This one area of the Philippines doesn't usually get hit too hard with typhoons. It's over in the west st side of the islands and there is quite a bit of buffering.They mostly miss the southern  and southeastern regions. My FIL, though, was scared when they had the huge typhoon hit a few years ago in the central part of the Phils and still had very strong winds where they are.

I am not fond of either typhoons or tornados, but you at least know that typhoons ae coming, even days in advance.

Bruce

Well, we get the warmer end of the stick again with cool rain.

Hope y'all are stocked up!

Anyone notice the intellicast site has been ruined by weather underground?? Totally dumbed-down.

Had a bookmark that let me realize what was gonna happen around here by showing the high and low pressure systems, their movement, strength complete with a "play" button for satellite imagery.

Wu has a "wonder what it's for map" of san fran & static imagery

Deleted that cr*p. Wu has a better local current readings from personal stations but that's it.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, billybob said:

About every few minutes get a near gale force wind from gulf. Monday to be colder here. Will watch local for plumbing.

Yep, it just passed through here, the wind picked up and skies clearing as temps cool off, it's headed your way. I don't think it is going to get to cool. Tonight 34 tomorrow night they sat 28 then we are above freezing the rest of the week warming each night.

• Like 1

snowfall.jpg
storm+tracker.jpg

A winter storm warning is in effect for all of Central New York for Saturday afternoon into Sunday afternoon. The storm is expected to impact the region Saturday night and early Sunday, with wind and bitterly cold temperatures to follow. The weather starts out dry Saturday morning, with light snow developing in the afternoon. Snow becomes steadier into the evening, becoming heavy after 9 p.m. The heaviest snow is expected to fall overnight, becoming lighter by Sunday morning. Snow continues to fall at a lighter pace on Sunday. Total accumulation looks to range between 1-2 feet. Windy conditions develop on Sunday afternoon, creating widespread blowing and drifting of snow and whiteout conditions. Highs on Saturday and Sunday are expected to only be in the teens, with wind chills near or below zero. Bitterly cold weather is expected on Monday, with partly sunny skies and highs only in the single digits. With the wind, wind chills are expected to be between -25 to -35.